Human Resources at Pragati Consulting
Views:753 Applications:179 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:121
Manager - Governance & Policy - Consulting Firm (4-6 yrs)
We are a team of leading individuals from the political consulting space with vast experience in advising top-level national and state level political leaders. As political consultants, we have achieved considerable impact in envisioning innovative political and communication campaigns, policy initiatives and capacity building measures towards electoral success of political parties.
We recognise that elections are not an end in themselves and that our unique position and experience enables us to act as force multipliers to existing stakeholders- expertise in policy formulation, implementation and evaluation. To this end, we intend to leverage our expertise in data analytics, research, program management and communications to add professional strength in the domain of governance and work towards a better present and a prosperous future for our people.
We are looking to expand our diverse group of dedicated individuals with expertise in governance advisory and consulting, policy analysis, law and advocacy from premiere educational institutions and professional organisations with the objective to meaningfully contribute to the good governance of our nation.
- Conduct primary and secondary research by using qualitative and quantitative methods on policy problem statements at the state, national and international levels.
- Analyse impact of government laws, rules and regulations including national and international comparative analysis by watching trends in policy making across varied sectors.
- Use research and analysis to identify issues and provide innovative recommendations in policy design, implementation and advocacy to address the issues.
Project management and team leadership:
- Envisage final and interim deliverables
- Plan delivery timelines, budgets, resource allocation, monitor progress of projects and reports to senior leadership on progress
- Facilitate problem solving to achieve project objectives and de-bottleneck issues hindering project progress
- Lead team of analysts and associates effectively to create impact from projects
- Facilitate team to prepare briefs, notes, reports, presentations and papers, as the case may be, to convey research, analysis, findings and recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Individually contribute to project's progress through briefs, notes, reports, presentations and papers, as the case may be.
- Influence high-level stakeholders to take impactful decisions in governance on the basis of team's work.
- Nurture trust-based relationships with high-level stakeholders to influence them in creating impact in governance.
- Watch trends to provide non-project based advice to high-level stakeholders.
Who should apply?
- Intelligent, passionate, and self-driven professionals with interest and knowledge in fields related to public policy and governance.
- Excellent communicators with a penchant for solving large-scale, ambitious and ambiguous problems related to governance, a strong bias for action and ability to thrive in intense work-environments.
- Individuals with skills in both qualitative and quantitative methods of research and analysis.
- Individuals with strong understanding of economics, public policy, legislative,regulatory concepts and familiarity with a wide range of governance and public policy sectors.
- Professionals with impactful project management experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to convey complex information in an engaging manner and strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individuals with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Professionals with postgraduate degrees, preferably in public policy, public affairs, international relations or economics.
- Individuals with at least 4-6 years of experience in fields related to public policy, governance and consulting.
- Familiarity with advanced levels of Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word is a must. Familiarity with programming languages like Python, MySQL or statistical tools such as R is desirable.