Consultant at Kelly Services
Views:720 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Manager - Fleet Performance - Marine (12-18 yrs)
The manager is accountable for the following :
- Performance improvement of all pool vessels including pool partners vessels
- Success of multiple fuel saving initiatives which are aimed at reduction of fuel consumption on pool vessels.
- In cooperation with the data team, ensure that the data quality is maintained and improved as per agreed standards for all Pool partner vessels which directly impacts company's earnings through pool distribution.
- Make sure that the KPIs and targets set for the team are on track and are successfully met.
- He / she will be the representative in any development project related to fuel and energy management.
- Creating full transparency on fuel performance data throughout the organisation, ship as well as shore.
- Creating full transparency on fuel performance data towards pool partners, head owners and other external stakeholders.
- Execute the necessary action on the frontline, to ensure savings
- Drive change management on fuel performance
- Setting objectives for the marine engineers and monitoring the progress of their analysts in the Fuel opt team, their appraisals and PDPs
- Development and coaching of team members including the senior marine engineers in the team (including leaders of others) and ensuring the analysts are educated about Tankers business
- Management of the Fuel optimization team
- Fuel Opt. Team's liaising with internal/external stake holders (Vessels, Fleet groups, Pool partners, Operations) to provide necessary technical analysis, feedback and trends of performance aimed at performance improvement
- Recruiting and retaining the right people in the team
- Regularly updating the management about the progress of the team and the projects underway
- Ensuring team budget is regulated and controlled
- Maintaining relations / communication with external parties / stakeholders
What are we looking for?
- Management experience
- Background as a Marine Engineer with prior sailing experience as CE or 2nd engineer on-board tanker vessels (Handy, MR, LR2 segment). Sailing experience as 2nd Engineer or Chief Engineer (preferable) with at least 2-3 years of shore experience
- Person with team leading/ people management experience
- Preferably with a few years of working experience ashore in similar roles.
- Experience with change management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a good team player
- Able to create drive and urgency in a team and on-board the vessels