Founder at Aarvi
Views:21490 Applications:608 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:574
Manager - Finance - Marketplace - CA (3-10 yrs)
Team - Finance
Role - Finance Manager - Marketplace Finance
About our client:
- Ourclient is a top tier VC funded startup, building an online wholesale marketplace for food and grocery, targeted at wholesale buyers. Our vision is to organise the food and grocery ecosystem in India using technology, data science and design. It's Marketplace offers a wide selection of products including staples, spices, dry fruits, packaged foods, and FMCG products. Sellers (traders, manufacturers, and brands) can list their food, grocery and FMCG products. The Marketplace is accessible to customers through a mobile app available in 4 languages - Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi and English. It provides full stack services including storefront delivery and payments collection for its sellers, as well as working capital credit from third party credit providers to its customers using rich transactional data and proprietary algorithms.
- While our market potential is huge - in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars, the opportunity requires us to solve challenging problems that are so unique to India that copycat models will not work. We are putting our customers first and building technologies, products, platforms and service, and cutting edge supply chains that will work for the next billion Indians who have fundamentally different needs - access, language, selection, supply chain, financial, cultural, operating in distributed, chaotic and unstructured environments.
- We have a strong, passionate and hungry team who are motivated to solve real world problems and impact lives. Our team consists of alumni from Stanford, IITs, IIMs, BITS, ISB and top NITs, having several years of industry experience in leading companies like Flipkart, Amazon, ebay, ITC, BCG, Housing and Grofers. We work across diverse functions spanning across technology, product, design, business/category teams, catalog, merchandising, decision sciences, supply chain, operations, finance, credit, customer experience, people experience. Together, we are reimagining and reengineering the food and grocery ecosystem in India through intelligent technology, innovative business models, and intuitive design. We are serving thousands of happy and satisfied customers who trust them for their food and grocery needs every day.
As a Finance Manager - Marketplace Finance at our client you will -
- Work very closely with Business Team, Customer Delight, Credit Team, Key account Managers, Technology and product team as Business partner.
- Be responsible for Building the Finance process for the Market Place operations like, Collection accounting and controls, disbursement of payments to sellers, Budgeting / Planning for the business, Marketing spend management, Reporting and Analysis of financial numbers.
- Design and drive payment processes for marketplace sellers in the most efficient way.
- Lead the collection and sales accounting team for Market Place operations.
- Drive the strategy for company's payment related product offerings including wallets, loyalty cards etc, to help us design simple tax efficient and compliant offerings.
- Be accountable for integrity of company's finances and ensure readiness for Audit and compliance.
- Work with Technology and Product teams and provide inputs to build the accounting platform/backend for both marketplace and internal finance control systems
- Monitor the operating and financial performance of the business, track cash flow, and Supply chain costs on a periodic basis.
- Set up system and process for financial evaluation of business performance on different parameters like operating margin, Net margin, ROI on different Dimensions of business like Brand, Category, SKU level, Customer level etc
- Handle budgeting / planning for the business operations, cash flows and working capital management.
- Work with SCM team on building the supply chain network in cost effective manner.
We are looking for leaders at all levels who have the hunger to work with some of the smartest people, who are driven by a sense of purpose, and who wish to leave a legacy in their respective domains and among their professional fraternity. We are not just building apps or tech platforms, but rather building distributed ecosystems connected through intelligent technology that can change the face of the food and grocery consumption pipelines in India, forever, for the better.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who has-
- CA with 3 -7 yrs of experience in Accounts and Finance preferably from E-Commerce / FMCG / Retail major.
- Article Ship from top 10 audit firms (preferably big 4).
- Experience of working in E commerce company will be added advantage.
- Ability to provide business inputs and domain knowledge for finance/accounting / Taxation to Business team and partner Functions.
- Excellent Reporting and Business Analytical Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited resource and tight timelines
- Excellent communication and Stakeholder Management skills.
We would like to hear from candidates who have the hunger to impact real lives and who can match our high bar on Core Values that we live by.
- Can apply first principles thinking to solve problems
- Can envision a great future that you want create
- Have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
- Want to work with some really smart people, and still raise the bar for all of us
- Can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above.