Consultant at Michael Page
Views:346 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Finance - Global Logistics - CA (8-15 yrs)
Client is a MNC in Logistics
Position Reports - Finance Head Global Logistics
Primary Role - To control accounting, financial, and commercial functions of Business Unit
- Supervise and manage all aspect of accounting for the company and ensure that all SOPs are followed
- Develop, maintain, and monitor efficient and effective financial processes, policies, controls, and systems,
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports as required by Regional Office and Head Office of the company.
- Ensure the process of budgeting, weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasts are adhered to. Continuously monitor variances against the same and proactively advise the business and take steps to deliver better than forecasts and budget.
- Continuously monitor all the KPIs of the BU inter alia debtors, cash flows, loan indicators including undertaking remedial action where required.
- Be a copilot to the BU Head in driving the business and business performance and effectively use prescriptive analysis to drive the business
- Have the ability to advise the BU Head on procurement of containers, procurement costs, lanes to be serviced, and efficacies by transaction.
- Actively contribute to the contract negotiation process with customers and suppliers including wage negotiations, analyze the financial implications of the commercial terms agreed with customers.
- Provide insurance, legal and taxation advice to management, including consulting with relevant advisers in conjunction relevant spocs.
- Closely liaise with regional office for all matters including but not limited to tax, treasury, policies.
- Keep in safe custody all original contracts and agreements entered between the party and company
- Develop tools & systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the BU Head and make actionable recommendation on both strategy and operations.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Liaise with SSC to ensure that all transactions are recorded correctly and on time
- Liaise with procurement for ensuring all PR / PO issues are sorted
- Identify the areas of cost control implement suitable steps for cost reduction and cost control. Actively participate in cost management and value improvement plan issues on a day-to-day basis to ensure all capex projects are implemented within timelines and approved cost.
- To comply with all aspects of company's Quality, Health, Safety, Environment management systems
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with 8-10 years' experience, some of which preferably gained in a large logistics management environment / multinational operation
- Good communication skills in English language, both oral & written
- Proactive self-starter. Able to keep manager informed of progress as appropriate.
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize. Must be able to manage time effectively in a challenging environment.
- Innovative - able to identify solutions which work in practice and within legislative constraints.
- Professional approach and self-confident - able to win confidence and deal with a wide range of customers.
- Ability to drive through and manage change.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills - able to manage conflict and resistance.
- Decisive - able to identify and focus on key issues.
- Experience in Global Logistics (freight forwarding) is preferred
Budget - 34 LPA
Preferred Candidates who can join in 1 Month