Manager - Finance & Accounts - NGO (4-6 yrs)
Job Description: Finance Manager
Reports to: CEO
Location: New Delhi, India
Start date: February 2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We are a looking for a Finance Manager, who will carry out all duties related to Financial Operations for the organization.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Management of ongoing budgeting and forecasting processes and working with the programme teams to ensure their understanding and adherence to the budget
- Judicious tracking of expenses on a monthly basis with requisite reporting, flagging any concerns, timely reporting of funds spent
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements, as required by the Management in India including variance analysis versus budget to explain the content of the reports
- Supervise the maintenance of books of accounts i.e., Cash Book, Petty Cash, inter-company, including a recording of transactions
- Effective management of Cash Flow ensuring adequate liquidity to make timely payments to suppliers and other parties
- Drawing up of the final accounts as required by Indian laws and as required by the UK parent company, and ensuring completion of audits with internal and external auditors
- Follow up on FCRA application prior permission for Absolute Return for Kids, obtain approval through timely and appropriate follow up and liaising.
- Ensure compliance with FCRA, Taxation and other charity-related laws of Society and Section 8 company by acting as the link between the lawyers, tax consultants, FCRA (Foreign Contribution Regulations Act) advisors
- Liaising with UK office and other funders for fund transfers and timely submission of regular utilization reports
- Custodian of the assets (money and others) within the Organization.
- Line management of office support staff (1-2) and oversight of their logistical and administrative activities
- Preparation of annual and periodic business and operational planning processes for Advisory Board meetings
Qualification and Qualities:
- Master's degree in Accountancy, Finance or related field.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in independently handling the operations of a Finance department in the development sector or with donor agencies.
Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in Finance and Accounting related work within India with a sound understanding of Indian legal requirements including FCRA.
- Management account and audit experience are expected. Experience to work in School finance would be of benefit
- Relevant expertise and ability to manage the Finance department independently with minimal support
- Demonstrated ability to set up strong financial processes and tracking expenditures programme wise. Financial and accounting acumen to deal with diverse situations with the ability to generate practical approaches to challenging situations as they arise in the course of the business.
- Proficiency in using the MS Office suite including advanced MS Excel skills such as usage of pivot tables or data table analysis. In addition, proficiency in using Tally accounting package would be of benefit
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong alignment with the mission of providing quality education and building stronger education ecosystems in India
- Enjoys working under pressure: flexible, highly organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate and achieve consensus with key stakeholders.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems in the application of research and evaluation methods without extensive structural or operational support.
- Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues based in different geographies and time zones
- Openness to listen, learn and contribute beyond the confines of this role
- Hard working, detail orientated, tenacious and systematic
- Enthusiastic to do whatever it takes willing to take personal accountability for delivery