Manager - Finance & Accounts - BFS (4-8 yrs)
The Manager, Finance & Accounts will work on general Accounting in Tally, controlling of Assets, verification and accounting of Reimbursements.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Prepare and update process documents for Accounting for each entity including accounting policies, systems and processes regulatory reporting requirements, payroll systems and processes, internal controls, ongoing financial modelling, and strategic planning of the assigned clients.
- Monitor billing/issuing receipts for all grants and contracts, make recommendations to management based on trends, future projections and business goals and objectives. Ensures fiscal compliance for all grants of assigned clients.
- Review, approve and ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, and reconciliations.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accounting Policies, grant/contract requirements, and monitor the use of all funds.
- Ensure adequacy and adherence of internal control processes for all the assigned clients
- Prepare timely, accurate monthly, quarterly and annual internal/external financial and other meaningful ad hoc reports along with supporting documentation.
- Investigate and explain material variances, highlight trends for management, provide recommendations.
- Monitor funding requirements and coordinate daily cash management functions to ensure adequate cash flow necessary for operations.
- Review and coordinate the physical inventory of assets on a bi-annual basis and ensure acquisitions/disposals are handled in accordance to grant/contract guidelines.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models and comply
- Ensure timely preparation and smooth audit of accounts of the assigned clients with no qualification in the report by the statutory auditors as well as the donor auditors
- Lead, mentor and coach team members to retain high caliber staff and assist employees to reach their full potential.
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standards of departmental, cross- departmental and cross-agency teamwork and customer service.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Post Graduate-Commerce/Finance (M.Com) with relevant work experience.
- Experience in accounting and Tally package
- Demonstrated interest in accounting and coordination
- Have Fair knowledge of TDS rates and deductions.
- Knowledge of Professional TAX.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Good planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Drive to excel in every aspect of work with high level of innovation and strong perseverance
- Ability to be rational in taking smart risks and being nimble
- Ability to adapt and exhibit confidence in a highly evolving, agile and fast faced work environment
- High level of collaboration and consistent passion for work and a positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit and - can-do- attitude
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time