Executive Recruiter at Aarch Solutions
Views:5684 Applications:332 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:158
Manager - Equity Research - Telecom/Real Estate/Cement Sector - Investment Bank (2-6 yrs)
Sector: Telecom/ real estate/ cement.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Manager, Global Research will be responsible for:
Individual contributor role
- Business requirement; deliver on business requirement in an independent manner with very little guidance across all geographies.
- Sector Knowledge: Has a good understanding of the sector and companies within their remit. Should be able to spot key trends that drive investment views on their sector and covered companies and utilises them to generate differential views. Also able to present in-depth research and analysis supporting a hypothesis and understands their commercial impact.
- Financial knowledge- able to drive forecasts and valuation of the companies under their remit. Builds a financial model of the company independently. Is able to anticipate and reflect changing aspects within their sector and/or companies in the financial models and valuation concepts. Undertakes technical training on financial modeling and valuation for their role. Adapts, further develops and improves existing models. Contributes to financial modeling best practices and shares this with colleagues
- Research communication and reports writing- Communicates research views to internal and external clients and able to consistently apply sound research writing principles to produce independent research. Understands the structure, style and importance of written research reports. Writes research reports which are clear, consistent, and non-consensual and supported by facts and analysis.
- Global Products; Co-ordinate global products from Bangalore as required by global/regional sector heads.
- Ensure compliance - both Global Research and GBM-GSC related with anticipation and proactiveness
- Contribute to department and center level priorities with own initiative
- Manage team of 3-4 FTEs end to end (Recruitment, retention, motivation, career development etc.) and working as an individual contributor in one of the geography
- Relationship management: Effectively manage relations to improve overall engagement and show pro-activeness in anticipating requests or commercial needs.
- Team output: Responsible for improving the overall quality and quantum of team output. Expected to ensure that necessary peer review/ mentoring/sound-board mechanisms are in place within the team to effect improvement in team output.
- Resource management: Responsible for overall team resource management including hiring new candidates, identifying skill gaps and arranging training programmes to fill the skill gaps.
- Performance Management; Manage the performance measurement system for direct reports, identify training needs for direct reports based on current job and future aspirations. Organize knowledge sharing forums at team and department level. Deliver trainings. Regular meeting with direct reports to increase employee engagement. Facilitate career movements.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
The job holder must possess sufficient gravitas in order to successfully interact, engage, and influence a broad range of stakeholders both in Bangalore and onshore. This is an operational role and accordingly the incumbent must ensure successfully delivery against a challenging and often competing set of priorities.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures applicable to Global Research
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget)
- Manage a subset of Global - team at Bangalore Research Center with c.3-4 staff
Headcount reporting to this role Direct: Indirect: 0 Total:
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
MBA/CA/CFA or equivalent degree in finance
- Client knowledge and understanding of equity research business
- Effective oral and written communication
- Mentorship and technical skill development of junior team members
- Influencing and persuasiveness
- Strong technical skills in analysing Industry/companies, advanced financial modelling, valuation, writing business reports for external/internal use and presenting these to internal clients
- Ability to work independently; comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Focus on cost management and reduction on a sustained basis
- Project and change management skills
- Knowledge of statistical/quantitative techniques an advantage
- Minimum 2 years of total experience
- Should have domain expertise in handling a financial role and large client requests
- Should have managed product quality, handled multiple stakeholders, and mentoring experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.