Manager - Engineering - Electricals (12-19 yrs)
ROLE OBJECTIVE :
- The Mgr. Engineering will implement the product development strategies for one of the engineering product portfolios& will report to the Senior Manager Engineering of the sub-business unit.
- This position is responsible for executing the development, sustaining, and value-analysis/value engineering projects according to the technology strategy. This leader will play a pivotal role in driving new product introduction and entry into product adjacencies.
- Closely works with the Product Management to define a solid and transparent pipeline of the developments to be executed, both internally and externally
- Be a strong technical partner and provide support to Product management teams. Attend/support customer meetings and technology days
- Supporting the Operations leadership in transformation of materials and manufacturing processes
- Build and provide leadership to Electrical engineering team with responsibility for a wide variety of product development and sustaining activities for Electrical activities
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering discipline.
- 12+ years of related Engineering experience with 4+ years in managing teams.
- Professional experience within industrial markets and knowledgeable regarding respective customers and engineering requirements
- Technical skills in developing products for Industrial market applications, plastic/rubber processing, metal processing, electro mechanical design preferred. Knowledge of IEC/IEEE standards desirable
- Familiarity with engineering tools (LDFSS or DMAIC), processes and risk assessment methods (eg FMEA, DOE) and other relevant engineering process methodologies
- Excellent motivational skills: a person with the ability to set goals and inspire trust and confidence in team members to achieve the highest standards of performance in a dynamic fast paced environment, while maintaining a high level of expertise throughout the team.
- Excellent judgment, timely and high-quality decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build strong, credible relationships across multiple organization functions (inside and outside of TE)
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to identify, analyze, and solve complex problems
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification is preferred
- Project planning and Execution skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.