Consultant at Michael Page
Views:565 Applications:186 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:115
Manager - Employee Relations - Pharmaceutical (8-12 yrs)
As an Employee Relations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of employee relations within the organization. This critical role involves handling disciplinary actions, conducting investigations, and ensuring compliance with POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) and other relevant policies and regulations. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, a problem solver, and an empathetic individual who can effectively balance the needs of the employees with the best interests of the organization.
1. Disciplinary Actions:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive disciplinary process that adheres to company policies and legal guidelines.
- Provide guidance and support to managers in handling employee disciplinary issues and performance improvement plans.
- Conduct investigations into alleged misconduct, ensuring fair and unbiased procedures are followed.
- Collaborate with HR and legal teams to address complex disciplinary matters and potential legal risks.
2. Conducting Investigations:
- Lead investigations into complaints of employee misconduct, discrimination, harassment, and other workplace issues.
- Gather evidence, interview relevant parties, and analyze information to arrive at fair and objective conclusions.
- Maintain accurate documentation of investigations, ensuring confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with the POSH policy by providing training and raising awareness among employees and managers.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to reports of sexual harassment, initiating investigations when necessary.
- Collaborate with the POSH committee to promote a safe and respectful work environment.
3. Employee Grievance Handling:
- Act as a point of contact for employees seeking resolution to work-related grievances.
- Facilitate mediation and conflict resolution processes to promote positive employee relations.
4. Policy Development and Review:
- Review and update HR policies related to employee conduct, discipline, and grievances.
- Ensure policies align with relevant laws and best practices, and communicate changes to all stakeholders.
5. Employee Communication and Education:
- Promote open communication between management and employees to foster a positive work environment.
- Organize workshops, training sessions, and town halls to educate employees about policies, conduct, and expectations.
6. Employee Relations Metrics and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain metrics related to employee relations, highlighting trends and identifying areas for improvement.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management on employee relations matters.
Note: Kannanda speaking candidates are preferred.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.