Consultant (HR) at Apolis
Views:220 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Manager - EHS - FMCG/Manufacturing Firm (10-17 yrs)
Qualifications/Certifications - Essential
- BE/B.Tech in any subject
- Post Graduation Diploma in industrial safety or safety health and environment from a recognized University / Institution
- Qualify to work as Safety Officer in the state
- Known local language (Tamil)
Desirable (Value Addition) : NEBOSH IGC / i Dip in Occupational safety and health.
- Lead auditor for ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Trained for conducting HIRA / Safety Risk Assessment
- Knowledge of regulations (safety / health /environment legislation)
- Good skills in dealing with authorities & agencies.
Experience : 10 Years of experience in EHS from a manufacturing and out of which, min. 2 to 3 years should work in FMCG.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Continual development to improve Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) management system to achieve our vision - "Zero Safety Incident" at unit level.
- Ensure EHS risks to the lowest level practicable in collaboration and in alignment with cross functional teams. Set objectives in line with corporate and national guidelines and monitor through the year. Ensure corrective actions implementation for non-conformities.
- Key member of PLT (Plant Leadership Team) to drive EHS initiative and meet 100% EHS compliance.
- To strengthen the Safety, Health & Environment Management system.
- To ensure 100% statutory compliances related to EHS.
- Involve in setting goals and objectives and monitor progress as per defined targets.
- To continuously review and improve the Risk Register (HIRA and aspect impact) with focus and action on bringing down the risk ratings.
- To formulate, deploy and create awareness on Emergency Response Plan and other safety procedures.
- To prepare and conduct all safety related trainings for the employees across the levels including contract employees.
- Ensure strict adherence to LOTO-TO, work permits System especially for the Hot work, Height work, Electrical work, Confined space work and plant start-up & shut down.
- To conduct mock drill at regular interval to create awareness and check effectiveness of the procedure.
- Conduct daily GEMBA walks of shop floor areas, interact with shop floor employees and identify improvement opportunities.
- To drive safety culture through safety kaizen, promoting zero harm (UA, UC & NM) reporting, replicating good safety practices and learnings from incidents.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Fire & Safety equipment including Fire water pump, hydrant, hose pipes, fire extinguishers, lift/hoist, Pressure Vassal & other equipment & keep up dated testing reports with regular trial of the same.
- Ensure proper record keeping of documentations related to EHS.
- Ensure effective operations of the ETP, STP, RO and MEE Plants.
- To support in driving water and sustainability Initiatives efficiently and effectively at the unit.
- Lead Environmental Monitoring of the plant though third parties.
- Liaising with statutory authorities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.