Managing Partner at The HR Consultant
Views:229 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - EHS - Data Center (10-15 yrs)
We are hiring for the position of Manager EHS for a leading Data Center company. This position is based in Chennai. I came across your resume in Naukri.com and thought that the job opportunity might be of interest to you. Please share your updated resume & along with CTC and notice period details.
Experience in Construction Safety will be an added advantage
Knowledge of local language is mandatory
EHS Manager, will be based at project site. He/She will be overall in-charge for supporting and managing Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) activities for the project and directly reporting to Head - EHS India. He/She will closely work with the Data center operations team and with general contractors and Key Vendors to ensure implementation of EHS plans, practices and ensure compliance with procedures and process including control of High Risk Activities such as heavy lifting using mobile crane and tower cranes, excavation, trenching, Hot Works, piling, electrical Installations, working at heights using scaffold and gondolas, Confide Space, Material Handling and Logistic movements at site.
He/She must demonstrate extensive experience in managing and leading Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) at engineering operations facilities, large construction projects from site selection to operational stage involved in multiple infrastructure projects in India and/or abroad. He/She must be able to Identify hazards and visualise EHS risks and implement effective control measures and systems required to address and mitigate those risk in particular for High Risk Activities and mitigate damage to environment.
Main Responsibilities -
- Oversees implementation of EHS policies, standards, procedures and construction specific plans for the specified projects and region; Manage EHS regulatory compliance for projects with in-depth knowledge of BOCW and relevant regulations;
- Develop and deliver EHS training material and trainings to the affected including staff Subcontractor(s) and management team;
- Prepare and implementation specific EHS Program in alignment with company programs including the operations of the data centers and construction projects;
- Conduct trade specific and High-Risk Activities training and coaching as per schedule;
- Have good experience in managing 'Fit-out' work of a greenfield project
- Plan and Lead incident/accident prevention activities and programs to develop proactive EHS culture;
- Maintain and review EHS performance data, perform data analysis to identify trends of Near Misses and Potential Incidents (unsafe behaviors and conditions) and areas to focus for improvements;
- Provide EHS leadership and oversight for data center operations & construction activities across all the projects and support Project managers to manage risks continuously review EHS plans and implementation; Organise and conduct weekly, monthly EHS meetings with project EHS teams and track action items;
- Support incident/accident investigation to gather facts, conduct root cause analysis and recommend preventive and corrective actions;
- Review and uphold site EHS plans, permit to Work system for High Risk Activities, Methods of Statements, Safe Operating Procedures for construction and fit-out activities;
- Conduct site inspection and audits to ensure compliance, implementation and feel of safe behaviors and practices at project sites;
- Had experience of managing a team of 3 to 5 EHS officer/Engineers.
- Hands on experience of managing and reviewing EHS risk and controls for construction high risk activities such Excavation, heavy lifting, Trenching, Hot Works, Working at Heights, Confined Space etc
- Fair knowledge of ISO14001, SO45001 and OHSA.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of compliance with BOWC and other statutory requirements;
- Good understanding and implemented EHS standards at an engineering industry and at construction projects;
- Strong Client facing and Contractor/suppliers management experience and able to interact and communicate effectively with senior level management;
- Self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills to drive EHS initiative at the construction project with innovation safety mind.
- Skilled in managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.