Director/Co-Founder at Rainbow HR Consulting Services
Views:288 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Manager - EHS - Construction/Infrastructure (10-12 yrs)
AN MNC firm is hiring an EHS Manager who will be overall in-charge for supporting and managing Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) activities for the project and directly reporting to Head - EHS India. He/She will closely work with the Data center Projects team and with general contractors and Key Stakeholders. Exp of working in a Construction/Project Based Environment is non negotiable
- Oversees implementation of EHS policies, standards, procedures and construction specific plans for the specified projects and region; Manage EHS regulatory compliance for projects with in depth knowledge of BOCW and relevant regulations
- Develop and deliver EHS training material and trainings to the affected including staff Subcontractor(s) and management team
- Prepare and implement specific EHS Program in alignment with company programs including the operations of the data centers and construction projects
- Conduct trade specific and High-Risk Activities training and coaching as per schedule;
- Have good experience in managing 'Fit-out' work of a greenfield projects
- Plan and Lead incident/accident prevention activities and programs to develop proactive EHS culture
- Maintain and review EHS performance data, perform data analysis to identify trends of Near Misses and Potential Incidents (unsafe behaviours and conditions) and areas to focus for improvements
- Organise and conduct weekly, monthly EHS meetings with project EHS teams and track action items;
- Support incident/accident investigation to gather facts, conduct root cause analysis and recommend preventive and corrective actions;
- Review and uphold site EHS plans, Permit to Work system for High Risk Activities, Methods of Statements, Safe Operating Procedures for construction and fit-out activities;
- Conduct site inspection and audits to ensure compliance, implementation and feel of safe behaviours and practices at project sites;
- Complete Hazard identification and risk assessment for typical construction activities and ensure implementation of recommends control measures;
- Review Contractors Risk management and Construction activities plan, identify the weakness and gaps and challenge the feasibility and practicality of controls;
- Develop and implement construction EHS related programs and policies for safe execution and safe working such as house rules, recognition and reward, labor camps etc.
- Develop the regional EHS team and define / demarcate roles and responsibilities of EHS team;
- Develop and drive strong proactive EHS culture & safe behavior;
- Lead, Manage and Mentor EHS Officers team to enforce safe practices and reduce non compliance.
- B.E./B.Tech in Environmental/Civil/Mechanical/Safety Engineering
- Advance Diploma in Safety/EHS - NEBOSH / IOSH or NICMAR or equivalent
- More than 10-12 years of experience in managing EHS activities for construction of large infrastructure projects.
- Experience of managing a team of 3 to 5 EHS officer/Engineers.
- Hands on experience of manging and reviewing EHS risk and controls for construction high risk activities such Excavation, heavy lifting, Trenching, Hot Workrs , Working at Heights, Confined Space etc.
- Experience in Fit-outs work of a large site engaging and managing multiple partners/vendors from different backgrounds
- Good knowledge of ISO14001, SO45001 and OHSA.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of compliance with BOWC and other statutory requirements;
- Should have implemented EHS standards at an engineering industry and at construction projects;
- Strong Client facing and Contractor/suppliers management experience and able to interact and communicate effectively with senior level management;
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.