Manager - Diversity & Inclusions - Consulting Firm (8-15 yrs)
Manager - Diversity & Inclusions - Consulting Firm _ only diversity
The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will lead the execution of the firm's diversity and inclusion strategy. This role will be responsible for maintaining ongoing programs and the initiation of new programs to reinforce an inclusive culture and build a workforce that is diverse. In a firm-wide capacity, this role will promote awareness of diversity and inclusion issues both internally and externally. The role of the Diversity & Inclusion Manager will collaborate closely with the executive team and other committees and senior management members to ensure alignment with business practices and the D&I strategic plan.
- Should have a good and fairly extensive prior experience in D & I roles.
- Master's degree in HR, the management or related field with a minimum of 8 years of management experience in the diversity field.
- Extensive experience planning, designing and delivering programs, events, and implementing best practices related to diversity and inclusion issues in a complex environment.
- Ability to counsel, staff, and management, demonstrating confidentiality, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity and inclusion best practices in professional services environments.
- A strong presence that instills confidence and understanding of key issues in the diversity and inclusion legal community.
- The interpersonal skills to build lasting relationships and drive consensus; evidenced ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, attorneys.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong technical skills with all MS Office Suite products and the ability to analyze and report on data.
- With extensive experience, ensures compliance with applicable federal / state laws, policies, and procedures (e.g. Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, awareness on various Acts and policies related to minority communities such as Disabilities Act and other applicable laws).
Position Requirements :
- Leads all diversity and inclusion efforts within the firm and drive the established citizen lead program. This includes strategic planning and implementation, establishing best practices across the firm, the development and implementation of programs and events.
- Serves as an advisor to firm management in the areas of diversity and inclusion and periodically interacts with the Executive Committee, other pertinent committees, or other senior leaders.
- Works closely with the Executive Committee as well as the Strategic Planning Committee to coordinate and integrate D&I into the firm's on-going business development and strategic planning processes.
- Works with existing talent management teams to create programs that are designed to attract, promote and retain diverse talent.
- Reviews internal operational policies and procedures to identify areas that need improvement in alignment with D&I efforts. Works closely with departments to implement change.
- Influences progress through the implementation and coordination of internal training and educational programs for levels of employees.
- Coordinates community outreach programs designed to enhance the D&I firm opportunities (Scholarship/Internship Program, Mentoring Program).
- Coordinates and oversees all efforts related to firm Attorney Affinity Groups and manages the creation of the firm culture committee for staff.
- Maintains all diversity related data and upon request shares information as required. Establishes and maintains all statistical data relating to diversity and tracks all year over year data.
- Attends related conferences, meetings, and other external programs to learn about new best practices within the D&I field, and proposes and implements continuous improvements to firm D&I initiatives.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.