Subject Matter Expert at Peoplefy
Views:78 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Data/Software Engineering - IT (9-14 yrs)
Our client is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we- re looking for a Manager- Data Engineering to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then this is the place for you!
As a Manager of Software Engineering you will build, support, and expand upon the world class Reporting and Analytics product offerings. The ideal candidate has a passion for Data Analytics and a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases
- Architect, design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Lead the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming and batch ETL's and RESTful API's
- Create and maintain business models
- Verify data integrity and validity
- Work with Product Management to ensure that all reporting requirements are met
To fit the bill you should have experience in:
- Overall 9 + years of experience
- 2-3 years of leadership experience as a Technical Lead and/ people management Strong experience in Java, SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Pig
- Developing data pipelines in AWS or Google Cloud
- Strong knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Messaging frameworks such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Daily use of Linux command line tools
- Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban