Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:209 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Manager - Data Science - Energy Systems (6-10 yrs)
- This candidate is expected to conduct power system analyses, including production cost modeling, dispatch analysis, forward curve generation and renewable integration.
- The ideal candidate must have prior experience in modeling power systems, with exceptional mathematical (including statistics and/or economics), programming, and analysis skills. Demonstrated strengths in electricity market analysis, transmission planning, price formation, renewable integration, scheduling and dispatch, etc. .
The successful candidate will :
- Lead a team performing advanced quantitative and economic analyses of electricity markets which includes assessment and forecast of future electricity demand and prices, power plant scheduling and dispatch
- Use analytical and modeling techniques to develop forecasts of electricity market dynamics and assess existing and proposed generation and transmission resources including Battery Storage
- Develop and execute models, conduct rigorous analysis, and publish results in written reports and presentations
- Communicate with a range of stakeholders, e.g., ministries, utilities, regulators and private firms
- Support the development of new opportunities by leading interactions with potential clients and supporting proposal development.
- Manage and grow client relationships by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality, and dependability.
- Mentor and provide direction junior staff in the course of their work
- Support sales and business development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
- Anchor analytics projects (in forecasting and optimization) across sectors (Power, Oil and Gas, Metals and Mining)
- Master's degree, preferably in energy systems /electrical / mechanical engineering, but will also consider other engineering degrees, operations research, industrial engineering, or economics
- Experience in energy market analysis
- Experience with electricity market and power market modeling tools (e.g., PLEXOS, PROMOD, GE MAPS, PSSE, PSLF, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience solving numerical scientific or engineering problems in a repeatable and/or extensible manner using programming languages such as or similar to Python, Matlab, R, GAMS or Julia shall be preferred
- Regulatory knowledge and financial modelling capabilities shall be preferred
- Previously experience working at or with a system operator, utility, regulator or other industry organizations shall be preferred