Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:258 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Manager - Data Science - Energy Systems (6-10 yrs)
- This candidate is expected to conduct power system analyses, including production cost modeling, dispatch analysis, forward curve generation and renewable integration.
- The ideal candidate must have prior experience in modeling power systems, with exceptional mathematical (including statistics and/or economics), programming, and analysis skills. Demonstrated strengths in electricity market analysis, transmission planning, price formation, renewable integration, scheduling and dispatch, etc. .
The successful candidate will :
- Lead a team performing advanced quantitative and economic analyses of electricity markets which includes assessment and forecast of future electricity demand and prices, power plant scheduling and dispatch
- Use analytical and modeling techniques to develop forecasts of electricity market dynamics and assess existing and proposed generation and transmission resources including Battery Storage
- Develop and execute models, conduct rigorous analysis, and publish results in written reports and presentations
- Communicate with a range of stakeholders, e.g., ministries, utilities, regulators and private firms
- Support the development of new opportunities by leading interactions with potential clients and supporting proposal development.
- Manage and grow client relationships by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality, and dependability.
- Mentor and provide direction junior staff in the course of their work
- Support sales and business development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
- Anchor analytics projects (in forecasting and optimization) across sectors (Power, Oil and Gas, Metals and Mining)
- Master's degree, preferably in energy systems /electrical / mechanical engineering, but will also consider other engineering degrees, operations research, industrial engineering, or economics
- Experience in energy market analysis
- Experience with electricity market and power market modeling tools (e.g., PLEXOS, PROMOD, GE MAPS, PSSE, PSLF, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience solving numerical scientific or engineering problems in a repeatable and/or extensible manner using programming languages such as or similar to Python, Matlab, R, GAMS or Julia shall be preferred
- Regulatory knowledge and financial modelling capabilities shall be preferred
- Previously experience working at or with a system operator, utility, regulator or other industry organizations shall be preferred
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.