Director at TalentCo Search Pvt Ltd
Views:978 Applications:270 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:259
Manager - Data Science - Consulting Firm (7-12 yrs)
Data Science Manager
- Work with a team of high-performing Data Scientists and cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities, optimize product performance or marketing efforts.
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data; develop deep-dive analyses and machine learning models in retail, marketing, merchandising, and other areas of the business.
- Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to derive business value from store, product, operations, financial, and customer transactional data.
- Apply multiple algorithms or architectures and recommend the best model with in-depth description to evangelize data-driven business decisions.
- Utilize cloud setup to extract processed data for statistical modelling and big data analysis, and visualization tools to represent large sets of time series/cross-sectional data.
- Follow industry standards in coding solutions and follow programming life cycle to ensure standard practices across the project.
- Structure hypothesis, build thoughtful analyses, develop underlying data models, and bring clarity to previously undefined problems.
- Attract, retain, and develop Data Scientists for future opportunities within the Analytics team.
- Drive Circle K culture in the team, aligned to people's values.
- Devise customized learning plan for the team to adopt respective skills and meet organizational vision, leadership, performance, etc.
- Work collaboratively across multiple sets of stakeholders - Business functions, Data Engineers, Data Visualization experts to deliver on project deliverables.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a quantitative focus (Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Math, Economics, etc.)
- Master's degree preferred (MBA/MS Computer Science/MTech Computer Science, etc.)
- 7 - 10 years of relevant industry experience in a data science/ advanced analytics role.
- Knowledge of Functional Analytics (Supply chain analytics, Marketing Analytics, Customer Analytics)
- Knowledge and ability to conduct statistical modelling using Analytical tools (R, Python, KNIME, etc.) and use big data technologies
- Knowledge of business intelligence & reporting (Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
- Knowledge of Enterprise reporting systems, relational (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server etc.), non-relational database management systems and Data Engineering tools.
- Knowledge and ability to use Big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto etc) and Cloud computing services in Azure/AWS/GCP for data engineering, ML Ops.
- Ability to delivery, strong disposition towards business and strong interpersonal communication.
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and must have the ability to lead teams in a demanding, fast-paced environment.