Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:3046 Applications:237 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
Manager - Credit Risk - BFS - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (3-5 yrs)
Position: Credit Risk
No: of candidates required: 2
Ideal age - 24-28 years
Office - 1st and 3rd Saturday working
The person will be primarily responsible for the Credit Analysis function, as part of the risk management team that measures and manages risk for a portfolio of debt and structured finance investments in inclusive finance institutions ranging from microfinance institutions, affordable housing finance, small enterprise lending, used commercial vehicle finance, and agri-business enterprises.
S/he will be responsible for :
- Monitoring and providing commentary on the financial and portfolio performance of our clients on a periodic basis and for every new transaction,
- Tracking clients compliance with financial covenants and regulatory requirements,
- Preparing credit risk notes for new clients post due-diligence,
- Contributing to overall financial modelling efforts,
- Supporting the Risk team as needed.
- Contributing to building and maintaining a repository of knowledge in the sectors that company invests in
S/he must possess excellent financial analysis skills (via CA/MBA or Masters in Finance or Commerce), strong report writing skills (which will be tested at the recruitment stage), a desire to continually innovate and add value, and a sound understanding of risk analysis of an entity.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills :
- Minimum Qualification: An MBA in Finance from a top-20 institution, or CA (all levels passed) or Masters in Finance or Commerce. A CFA charter or FRM certification would be considered a significant advantage.
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years experience (for Associate/Sr. Associate) in credit analysis, equity research, credit research, or corporate finance (banks, NBFCs, investment funds, or rating agencies). Experience in reviewing financial services companies would be considered favourably.
- Strong financial analysis skills needed, as well as the ability to build and run financial models
- Must have eye for detail and ability to catch errors in not only own work but that of others
- Excellent grammar and writing skills that are necessary for flawless, high quality reports and risk notes. Must be able to put ideas together comprehensively and concisely to present a convincing message.
- Willingness to participate in field visits to our clients across the country to understand the business and operational model.
Travel would not be 30-40% the time and is intended as a learning tool for this particular role.
- Interest in financial inclusion
- Ability to stretch oneself and work under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English, written and oral required. Abilities in a second language a bonus
- Undertake all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time
Job Location: Chennai, near IIT
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.