Director at Enrich & Enlight Business consulting Pvt Ltd
Views:4302 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manager - Credit Model Development - Consumer Credit - BFSI (5-10 yrs)
A critical new role Manager, Credit Model Development, will be responsible for providing analytical/quantitative input to develop, document, implement and monitor the build of complex consumer credit risk loss forecasting, reserve and capital models. This successful candidate will use their business analysis, process, and quantitative knowledge to ensure business intent is matched with modeling outcome, and document development decisions under SR11- 7 guidelines. In addition to responsibilities on individual modeling projects this role will be expected to work on ad- hoc projects as needed. Communicating these to leadership is essential.
This is a great opportunity for a modeler/statistician/data analyst/programmer with experience in consumer credit analysis. We offer a dynamic, collaborative team environment with a strong credit risk management culture.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key contributor and lead analyst supporting model development for various models (ALLL, Loss Forecasting, Stress Testing, Capital Planning and CECL)
- Perform in depth analysis on large data sets, and prepare analysis and reports to support discussions on key analytics and model risks
- Support development, documentation, implementation and monitoring of ALLL and capital stress testing models using SAS/Python or R
- Work closely within the credit organization to validate accuracy and performance of statistical models and to identify issues requiring further investigation
- Assist in development/understanding of vendor models to ensure accuracy and relevancy
- Provide independent research and analysis to support conceptual soundness of key models
- Liaise with the Synchrony Financial business teams to uncover and highlight model risk associated with models
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risk technology (vendor and in-house) and financial services industries to embrace change and drive improvements cross-functionally.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Masters or Ph.D. in Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Finance or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Consumer Lending statistical modeling/risk analytics, preferably related to credit cards
- 3+ years in coding with SAS, Python, R or other equivalent tool within the recent 5 years
- Strong written/oral communication skills
Desired Qualifications :
- Utilizing modeling techniques supporting one (or more) of the following: ALLL, Loss Forecasting Capital Planning, Stress Testing (DFAST,CCAR)
- Working knowledge in big data tools such as Hadoop HIVE, PIG or Apache Spark as plus
- The application of regulatory requirements for Model Development (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12)
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Understanding of macro-economic conditions & competitor's trends
- Exposure to R, Python & Tableau
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.