Deputy Manager at SkillVentory - A Leading Talent Research Firm
Views:3910 Applications:267 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:153
Manager - Corporate Strategy - Business Strategy Team (2-5 yrs)
Criticality of the role to the business
The role is part of the Business Strategy team. The Business Strategy function provides analytical support and market insights for long term strategy related decisions at the organization. The team supports the CEO's office and the senior leadership on key strategic initiatives. The team works on specific strategy projects initiated either at the company level or else function level. One of the key functions of the team us to institutionalize and facilitate the long-term Strategic Planning Process that entails working closely with the leadership of each of the functions to provide directional inputs with a view to align the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) with the Strategic Plan imperatives. A large part of the responsibility is to keep a tab on the market context, including laying out the landscape around customers, regulatory and macro-economic environment, competition and technology. Business scenario development, evaluation of strategic investments, analysis around new region/products/service entry strategy, value proposition analysis, competition analysis and go-to-market strategy are the other key imperatives. The team also works on initiatives to incubate and nurture innovative products and services.
- Provide advisory support to senior management, business leaders and functions
- Critically analyse business scenarios and create viewpoints to facilitate business decisions
- Focus on implementation and control as well as strategy development
- Ensure smooth execution of qualified corporate strategy projects, including scoping discussions and assigning resources, while juggling between both operational/tactical and strategic activities
- Actively contribute to defining the direction of new products, processes, standards or operational plans based upon business strategy, with a significant mid-term impact on business unit overall results
- For whitespaces, articulating the market problems, identifying the opportunity for., validating and stress-testing the revenue growth and profitability assumptions
- As the case may be, engaging with customers for hypothesis testing, facilitating strategic BD, running POCs, etc.
- Identify problems and significantly improve, change or adapt existing method and techniques
- Engage in regional/segment projects to lead teams under overall supervision
- Form and lead ad-hoc cross-functional teams to drive the projects to closure
Function / Domain - Corporate Strategy
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Structured problem solving
- Functional knowledge
- Communication skills
Qualifications - Given the nature of the role, a candidate with 2+ years of either corporate strategy or else strategy consultancy experience would be the right fit
What kind of future roles does this prepare for?
Product management, Business development, Sales strategy, Finance, Corporate development, Corporate venturing.