Deputy Manager at SkillVentory - A Leading Talent Research Firm
Views:2141 Applications:115 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:95
Manager - Corporate Development - M&A (2-5 yrs)
Location - Pune/Mumbai
Reports to - Senior Manager
Role Description - The role of a Manager, Corporate Development is part of the Corporate Strategy team. The Corporate Development function is responsible for end-to-end execution of all inorganic activities, capital structuring, investment analysis, stakeholder management, partnering and market assessment in line with the long-term strategy of the organization. The team supports the CEO's office and the senior leadership on key strategic initiatives. The team works on specific strategy projects initiated either at the company level or at function levels.
This entails working closely with the leadership of each of the functions to provide directional inputs to aid the execution of strategic initiatives. The role also requires keeping a tab on the market context, including laying out the landscape around customers, regulatory and macro-economic. environment, competition, and technology. In addition to the core responsibilities the team also aids in scenario planning, risk management, analysis around new region/products/service entry strategy, value proposition analysis, competition analysis and go to market strategy as other key imperatives.
Key Responsibilities :
As the Manager, Corporate Development, you would have the below key responsibilities -
- Provide advisory support to senior management, business leaders and functions
- Analyse new business opportunities for inorganic growth
- Portfolio management of internal lines of business and subsidiaries
- Align, structure, and execute inorganic initiatives
- Financial analysis, valuation, and business plan creation
- Liaise with multiple internal, external, and regulatory stakeholders on various initiatives
- Analyse business scenarios and create viewpoints to facilitate business decisions
- Ensure smooth execution of qualified corporate strategy projects, including scoping discussions and assigning resources, while juggling between both operational/tactical and strategic activities
- Identify problems and significantly improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques
- Engage in regional/segment projects to lead teams under the overall supervision
- Form and lead ad-hoc cross-functional teams to drive the projects to closure
- Assist in deal sourcing, deal origination, due diligence, project management, and scheduling
- Have a robust understanding and knowledge of Market research, analysis and business evaluation methodologies
Financial analysis and business valuation - Firm understanding and hands-on experience in different approaches to financial modelling and valuation including but not limited to DCF, comparative valuation, economic analysis and debt analysis.
Pitch creation and impactful presentation skills
Structured problem solving - Given the dynamic environment we operate in, you would be expected to work through seemingly unstructured situations, identify the key business priorities and take the initiative to apply your problem-solving skills
Database management: Experience in creation and management of VDRs and internal databases
Research: Hands on exposure to financial research resources like Bloomberg and ability to research and analyse financials, market, industry and macroeconomic research reports, and comparative analysis.
Functional knowledge - Basic understanding of
- Cloud and communication systems
- Indian merger code and basic corporate law
Communication skills - Communicating problems and ideas in a structured and succinct manner, both in spoken and written English, for the purpose of inter-personal communication, presentations and business writing is a must have
Team player - We strongly believe that individual success lies in the success of the team. To that end, we work as a non-hierarchical team and often in groups, supporting one another within the function and cross-functionally. We are keen to add another team player to the team. The role can require unstructured work across teams in varied geographies and with very diverse set of stakeholders.
Inter-personal skills - Your job would entail building professional relationships, putting together ad-hoc teams and often resolving conflicts and willingness to learn on the job
Business management graduate in General Management or Finance, preferably from a leading business school. Undergraduate in engineering, economics, or finance. MCom with an Investment Banking background, CFA level-2
Given the nature of the role, a candidate with 2-5 years of experience in corporate development, financial services or economic analysis.