Co-Founder & Business Head at Peopleton Solutions
Views:792 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Manager - Corporate Actuarial - New Business Margin (5-10 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
- NBM reporting (MUST) - NBM is one of the key parameter of Measure of Success (MOS) of the company's performance against the plan. The role would require checking / performing all the steps of NBM reporting i.e. assumption changes, modeling changes and business mix changes. Coordinating with EV, valuation and pricing team and making necessary changes in prophet as and when required.
- Allowable reporting - Measuring the allowable under the new business helps the business planning team to identify areas of control over payouts to the channels. The role would require monthly and quarterly allowable reporting to the financial planning team so that they can compare the actual expenses vs those loaded in premiums / planned expenses.
- Assumptions setting - Actuarial assumptions are required for calculation of reserves, EV, NBM and pricing new products. The role would involve performing the assumption setting exercise twice in a year for mortality, lapses and interest rates to determine the assumptions to be used in pricing, EV and valuation. Support to the pricing team to determine the pricing assumptions relevant to the product features is also part of the role.
- Knowledge of IRDAI product regulations and up to date information of regulatory changes. Also in depth knowledge of new products launched by the company before generating their NBMs.
- Quarterly discontinuity reporting - Checking / executing DCS codes, updating excels and working out the discontinuity rates. Validating the numbers generated with that of the persistency team. Analyzing the trends, updating the quarterly report and communicating the results together with recommendations.
- Annual persistency report (annexure to Appointed Actuary Annual report) - Preparing the annual persistency report for IRDA submission.
- Quarterly and annual IRDA persistency disclosures - Checking / executing DCS codes, updating excels and working out the persistency rates. Applying all related checks, analyzing and communicating the result.
- Quarterly mortality reporting - Checking / executing DCS codes, updating excels and working out the ITD and YTD mortality rates. Analyzing the results, applying checks and publishing the quarterly mortality report
1) External - Finance, claims, underwriting, IT, products, group and reinsurance team
2) Internal - Pricing, business planning, valuation and modeling teams
Essential qualifications and experience :
Qualification - must have
Graduate/post graduate with at least 8 actuarial exams
5+ years of actuarial experience
Knowledge and skills required :
1. Technical actuarial knowledge
2. Excel, word, DCS and prophet knowledge
3. The candidate should actively participate in the assigned work
4. The candidate should be able to add value to the project and help arrive at useful and meaningful results
Measure of Success :
1. Meeting the TAT defined
2. Accuracy of numbers
3. Insights provided
4. Communication of trends and insights
1. In depth knowledge of DCS and Prophet software
2. Basic knowledge of experience analysis
3. Strong analytical and report writing skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.