Founder and CEO at OpportuneJobs.com
Views:159 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Manager - Content & Community Marketing (3-8 yrs)
Organization: The organization incubates and invests in Startups.
In a nutshell - you will be writing plenty of content and lending your unique voice to the brand with your writing. You will be responsible for laying the foundations for content and community initiatives that differentiate us from competitors, amplify our portfolio and attract inbound audiences that we can form meaningful partnerships with.
1. Own key pieces in content strategy-you will work with the Marketing Lead to freeze plans of action and ensure brand consistency. Work on achieving shared OKRs for building an audience, bringing in traffic and recall through your content, community events, virtual events etc.
2. Write content across different funnels/channels of marketing (awareness, engagement, short-form, long-form, branded content, leadership content) in sync with a content calendar.
3. Work with the lead marketer to understand the right keywords to weave into your content. Perform content audit every quarter to identify keyword gaps and strategize where you can fill in and the means to do so.
4. Conduct secondary research to help power the creation of both short and long-term assets, and also work with the Insights team to generate talking points for the Fund and its partners.
5. Discover benchmarks for your content experiments while also straddling traffic and communication goals.
6. Keep an eye out on the competitive landscape and write content that trumps the best content pieces in the market and engage with the startup community across the country for the Organisation.
7. Participate in community events and reach out to relevant individuals in the start up ecosystem for partnerships that enable the continuum of activities done across the organization.
The role is WFH from Bengaluru but will require high amounts of travel to engage with partners, communities etc and also for monthly engagements at the HQ.
Key Skills/Abilities required
- Stakeholder Management - this role involves a high amount of engagement with senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, at the level of Fortune 500 C-level and board communications.
- Past experience in writing content that has contributed to brand building and/or traffic/thought leadership goals.
- Past experience in community building/content/marketing teams before, especially with the SEO perspective, to develop content that converts well.
- Experience writing for different content formats like text, video, podcasts, events, etc.
- Measure performance of content & tracking metrics.
- Community Engagement - Identify who to engage within the startup ecosystem to drive affinity and the best way to do so.
- Can-do attitude, ability to read content trends and customize content/format/channel to audience.
- Channel expertise - Impart best practices for platforms, sectoral groups and community engagement.
Qualification/Experience Required -
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in Mass Media, English Literature, Psychology, or Mass Communication is preferred.
- 3 to 6 years of experience content/copywriting.
- Comfort with switching between topics of expertise, types of formats, with an ability to balance width & breadth of content.
- Past experience of working with startups/accelerators/venture capital/private equity organizations either on the agency or client side is desirable.
- Well networked within startup ecosystem.