Manager - Compliance - Accounting & Reporting - CA /CFA/GAAP (8-20 yrs)
Objectives of assignment
The Compliance Manager is responsible for overseeing all compliance functions for the organization and may be involved in some accounting and reporting activities. The Compliance Manager should have highly relevant experience in managing accounting and/or compliance issues in a mid-size Indian organization in the service industry that is closely linked to an international parent organization.
This is a hands-on role, and the incumbent should expect to execute some processes directly, in addition to reviewing the work of others. We expect this individual to grow with the organization as we expand our operations worldwide.
Report to :
This position will report to the Finance Director based in Nairobi, Kenya and will also work closely with the Country Director, India and his team, and the Accounting team based in Delhi.
Function : Compliance Strategy - India
- Ensure that our organization and operational structure are optimally set-ups to accomplish our mission while minimizing tax and compliance costs where possible.
- Ensure we are compliant and prepared for any audits that may occur
- Monitor the impact of ongoing changes in regulation on the organization and respond with adjustments as necessary.
- Liaise with the Legal and accounting Firms in understanding the main legal strategic compliance issues that the organization faces, the risks involved, and measures to be taken to correct those issues.
- Manage the relationship with any compliance-related vendors to ensure timely processing of routine compliance issues and to understand new compliance issues as they arise.
Function : Compliance - Execution, Monitoring, and Audit - India
- Coordinate across multiple functions to ensure compliance and appropriate documentation
- Coordinate response to tax audits, including acting as the main contact, coordinating responses from others, and directly participating in preparing and reconciling information requested for auditors.
- Periodically audit internal records as necessary to validate that transactions are appropriately recorded to ensure compliance, and address gaps as necessary
- Ensure compliance payments are timely and accurate
- Ensure processes and documentation are in place to support all compliance requirements.
- Reconcile accounts which are highly related to compliance monitoring, including intercompany balances and transactions between legal entities
- Payable and receivable accounts
- Coordinate across other functions to ensure compliance-related projects and ongoing actions are completed on a timely basis, including regular tracking and updates to senior management
- Support Compliance work in other regions as time permits
- Support donor and client due diligence need related to financial compliance.
- Act as backup for other finance functions.
- Support other global financial, accounting, and related tasks, as and when required.
Candidate Description :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Commerce, Financial Management, or other relevant area required. Master's degree in one of the above fields helpful, but not required.
- Professional qualification - CPA/ACA/ACCA part II or equivalent preferred.
- 8+ years of work experience in accounting and compliance for a mid-size (or larger) organization
- Experience coordinating and monitoring financial compliance in India is required
- Experience with international affiliates and transfer pricing agreements strongly preferred.
- US GAAP experience desirable but not required
Skills and attributes :
- Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team skills
- Strong problem solving and communication abilities; is organized and efficient
- Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a high-paced work environment
- Strong Project Management skills and ability to coordinate the work of cross-functional teams
- Proactive and works with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks (or other similar accounting software)
- Willingness to take on all kinds of tasks and areas of responsibility, including at short notice
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.