Director at HR Consulting Firm
Views:14265 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Manager - Complex Securities Valuation (8-12 yrs)
- The main objective of the role is to manage engagements pertaining to valuation of complex securities, develop and manage teams with skills required to support these engagements, and achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key decision-makers.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform extensive hands-on work as the engagements are of high complexity level and require one to produce highly analytical solutions.
Specific responsibilities will include :
- Manage and work on multiple engagements involving valuation of complex financial instruments such as convertible debt, options, warrants, derivatives, etc., taking a lead role in understanding clients needs, conducting analyses and reporting results
- Develop models to value a variety of financial instruments and to analyze various business situations, using option pricing theory, fixed income and structured finance models, Monte Carlo simulation, statistical analysis, optimization, decision analysis and other techniques from the financial engineering or decision sciences literature
- Supervise, develop and mentor professionals at Staff and Senior level
- Manage a team of 3-4 valuation professionals
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with EY offices globally
- Identify business development opportunities and assist Partners and Senior Managers on proposals and new business opportunities
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to our as well as client's business
- The successful candidate must be committed to staying at the cutting edge of both, latest derivative valuation techniques and the financial and accounting standards that guide the use of these techniques.
Job requirements :
To qualify, a candidate must have :
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Sciences or Mathematics, combined with an advanced degree (Masters or PGDM) in a quantitative discipline (Finance/Economic/Statistics)
- 6-7 years relevant experience, of which minimum 4 years should be in quantitative analytics/financial advisory/consulting/valuation (preferably with one of the Big 4s / a leading consulting or PE firm / a specialized valuation services firms)
- Experience in valuing complex financial products, including fixed income securities, convertible debt, options, warrants, derivatives, etc., or in analyzing complex business situations using quantitative analytics, is must
- The ability to work within a given budget and schedule, providing top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- PC proficiency including at least one Financial Engineering or statistical software package (e.g. Matlab or Stata), Bloomberg, MS Excel/VBA, Word, and PowerPoint
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA or FRM is a plus
- Excellent analytical, project-management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience and ability to lead teams
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.