Manager - Recruitment at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:244 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Communications - NGO (7-10 yrs)
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Manager - Communications, The Antara Foundation, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The Antara Foundation (TAF) is a non-profit, start-up, founded in 2014 by Mr. Ashok Alexander, formerly Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company, and first Country Director- India, of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Mr. Alexander is one of India's most respected public health experts, specialised in incorporating business thinking into public health delivery.
TAF works to transform India's public health system, and is currently focused on maternal and child health, including nutrition. TAF's mission is to deliver preventive public health and nutrition solutions at scales adequate for state and national impact.
TAF is a field-based, implementing organization, working in some of its most far-flung villages and marginalized communities in the country. The essence of TAF's work is integration, at scale of innovations in supply and demand sides, of health service delivery.
TAF started its first program in Rajasthan, in 2015. Within three years, the Rajasthan government introduced TAF's flagship innovation (AAA platform) across the state, spanning 46,000 villages, and a rural population of over 50 million. TAF is currently adapting their public health delivery models to work in Madhya Pradesh, a state with vastly different demographic and sociocultural characteristics.
TAF is backed by some of the world's best-known foundations and philanthropists including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Mackenzie Scott, LGT VP, and Vijay and Marie Goradia Foundation.
For more information about TAF, please visit: https://antarafoundation.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
TAF is looking for a committed, creative, and entrepreneurial, communications professional, with 7-10 years of relevant experience, to join as Manager- Communications, in its head Office at Delhi. The role requires strong communication and people skills, with emphasis on written communication and prior experience in managing teams. While there is no specific sectoral preference, the post-holder should have an interest in the social sector space, an open mind to learn, and be willing to work hard in an impact-oriented, fast-paced environment, to help the organization achieve its ambitious goals.
As TAF expands its footprint to new geographies across India, there is need to document and showcase the organization's work to different audiences (e.g., public, donors, government, and public health partners). This is important for three reasons - to establish TAF as a credible and technically strong organization in the sector, garner funds to support further expansion and scale-up, and to better inform different stakeholders, including the government.
The Manager - Communications shall work closely with the Director - Communications and the TAF leadership, to manage a three-to-four-member communications team (spread across program districts, and the Delhi Head Office) and support the organization in the design, development, and dissemination of a range of high-impact material through platforms such as the social media, digital forums, key publications, print media and other targeted channels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Support the design and implementation of the organization's communications strategy, in close collaboration with the leadership, across the following dimensions:
(a) Type of content to be captured, curated, and disseminated (e.g., TAF's model, interventions, program impact, team, culture);
(b) Type of communication media (e.g., films, presentations, articles, case studies);
(c) Right channels and platforms to disseminate the content;
(d) Different target audiences, ensuring content is crafted accordingly;
(2) Implement various activities under the communications strategy, directly and with support from team members, including but not limited to:
(a) Creation of articles, blogs, thought pieces, etc.;
(b) Creation of newsletters, annual reports, website content, etc.;
(c) Creation of organization and intervention films and case studies;
(d) Creation of profile notes, value proposition material, brochures, etc.;
(e) Manage the organization's digital presence: website, social media and presence on different platforms;
(f) Increasing visibility and networks (e.g., online groups and forums and social media networks);
(3) Manage the organization's branding material (e.g., logos, templates, and colours);
(4) Coordinate and collaborate with program teams to identify, collect, and synthesize various content (e.g., photographs, clips, intervention updates, and impact stories);
(5) Be the point person for all communications-related support required by program teams (e.g., reviewing content for external use, supporting Fellows in preparing blogs, and supporting Field Teams in creating case studies);
(6) Engage with and manage external relationships (e.g., print, and digital media partners, website vendors, professional filmmakers/ photographers, design firms, and PR consultants, as and when required);
(7) Support the creation of material for fundraising campaigns, including managing engagements with digital marketing vendors, as needed;
(8) Manage junior team members (viz. Associates, Fellows and Program Officers), by the allocation of tasks, work-planning, and reviewing outcomes;
(9) Regular mentoring and professional development of junior team members;
(10) Other related activities that may come up from time to time.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must be graduates, or post-graduates, in any discipline;
(2) 7-10 years of relevant experience is essential;
(3) Prior experience in communications-related streams, is a key requirement. Strong exposure and competencies in written communications including storytelling, is essential;
(4) Prior exposure to programme advocacy is desirable;
(5) Strong people, communications, and presentation skills;
(6) Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
(7) Creative and entrepreneurial mindset;
(8) Demonstrated humility, integrity, and desire to learn;
(9) Willingness to undertake occasional field visits to rural Madhya Pradesh and/or other project sites, to gain first-hand understanding of TAF's interventions.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Delhi
7. REFERENCE: MC-TAF
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.