Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:435 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Manager - Capex & Opex - Chemical Manufacturing Plant (8-15 yrs)
MANAGER CAPEX & OPEX (Chemical Manufacturing Plant)
- Managing the entire purchase activities of the organization related to CAPEX/OPEX.
- Identify / define best sourcing practices for the categories handled.
- Techno commercial evaluation & Commercial negotiations.
- Develop alternative sources for cost savings by adopting cost reduction.
- Identify and develop potential vendors/ suppliers across all the cities for achieving cost effective purchases of material.
- Making Vendor Assessments based Technical, Financial, Quality assurance and Managerial capabilities.
- Design and drive systems, processes, and methodologies for delivering quality.
- Follow-up with vendors for timely deliveries, Schedules, quality checks.
- Handle problem escalation and address performance issues with vendors.
- Maintain optimum investment in inventories. Stores & Inventory Management achieve maximum cost savings.
- Standardization of items in order to reduce procurement cost and stores space utilized.
- Disposal of surplus, obsolete and scrap materials.
- Effectively use of cost analysis tools in support of strategic sourcing process, procurement costs, cost reduction metrics and bottom-line performance indicators.
- Demand forecast analysis.
- Maximizing marketplace leverage, determining competitive alternatives, and prioritizing business objectives for cross functional teams in order to support key revenue enablement and margin management financial targets.
- Responsibility for Supplier Evaluation and Supplier rating.
- Responsibility for Price negotiation, supplier selection & annual rate contracting of the capital equipment and related services contracts.
- Developing Category led strategies/ best practices to achieve lowest total cost considering aggregation of volume and standardization of materials and services on a regional basis.
- Continue reviewing and updating purchases to ensure the right costs are projected for the year.
- Analyzing and uses financial data to identify trends, track results, determine the financial strength of suppliers, identify cost drivers, and cost management opportunities.
- Explore Purchase of Capital Equipment/materials from International Suppliers through Imports if required.
- Knowledge in handling Imports purchase activities like Licensing, Customs clearance, Foreign currency payments etc if required.
Qualification And Experience :
1. Candidate with minimum 8 years of experience & should have handled similar profile at procurement in-charge level for at least 2 years. Should have experience of working in fast paced environment.
2. Proven experience in sourcing suppliers and developing CAPEX category strategies.
3. Superior negotiation skills and ability to influence key stakeholders.
4. Good understanding of purchasing principles and practices.
5. Proven negotiation.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal is essential.
7. Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports.
8. Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate across functions & regions.
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader.
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos.:
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.