Director at HR Synergy
Views:387 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Business Modeling - Global Consulting Firm (8-11 yrs)
We- re looking for Managers with expertise in Economic Advisory t. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm and develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring, and learning & development.
Your key responsibilities :
- Manage and work on multiple engagements involving Economic Impact assessments, econometric modelling/analysis, Research etc, taking a lead role in understanding clients- needs, conducting analyses and reporting results Identify issues and propose strategies related to the procedures executed.
- Develop models to forecast and/or impact analysis using wide range of techniques including (but not limited to) CBA Analysis, I/O Modeling, CGE Modeling, and other techniques from the financial engineering or decision sciences literature
- Manage a team of 3-5 professionals and supervise, develop and mentor professionals at Staff and Senior level
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
- Direct the progress of engagement work, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage staff performance
- Continually acquire and develop knowledge for own and team's learning. Use technology to learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to our as well as client's business
Skills and attributes for success :
- Suitable applicants will be highly numerate and analytical Master-level Economics graduates with previous experience as economist/corporate planner employed in the private, regulatory or the public policy sector.
For this role, it would be advantageous to have knowledge of any of the following:
- A solid understanding of the principles of econometrics and machine learning and regulatory economics;
- Experience in Economic policy and/or experience in one of our target sectors (P&U, telecom, healthcare)
- Exposure to demand and supply forecasting and price forecasting, pricing controls, tariff regulations in P&U domain
- Experience of the development economic impact assessment
- Behavioural economics and customer engagement;
- An ability to solve complex problems in a logical and structured manner;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- Experience of Business strategy, business planning, costing and pricing
- Experience of applying economic theory to the development and evaluation of public and regulatory policy
- A post graduate degree in Economics with 6-10 years of related work experience
- A minimum of 3 years direct experience in P&U domain with involvement in P&U related modelling, supply and demand estimation, forecasting of prices, solar and wind farms capacity and yield calculation, marginal loss calculation, congestion estimations etc.
- Exposure of Data gathering, formatting & visualization, Econometric modeling, Model builds & review, price elasticity analysis, forecast analysis, impact analysis.