Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:4413 Applications:212 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Manager - Business Development - WASH/Energy/Healthcare (5-9 yrs)
US Consulting Firm
Our client is an established international consulting organisation addressing enduring and emerging challenges through research, technical assistance, and program implementation.
It has been working to help India address its enduring and emerging development challenges over last 30 years. To demonstrate its long-term commitment to the country, it has established a wholly owned subsidiary, based in New Delhi. India office conduct research and development and provide technical assistance for projects in water and sanitation, maternal and child health, gender equity, noncommunicable diseases, sustainable energy and climate change. Relying on the highest scientific standards, along with proprietary tools, it produces results that help achieve sustainable outcomes in public policy, business, and technology.
Education (MUST) Bachelors or Masters in Economics/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Political Science/ Development Studies with An MBA from a reputed national or international Business School.
- The organisation is seeking an experienced professional to play an instrumental role in identifying, building and managing key alliances at a corporate level and across its existing domains (Energy, Cities, Sanitation, Water, Health and Innovation).
- The incumbent's role will be to take a holistic view of the organization's positioning, conduct in-depth market analysis and work closely with management and domain teams to identify and engage with key stakeholders; and manage existing and originate new alliances that align with the organization's vision and workflow.
- The person will be responsible for managing, leading and facilitating partnerships with key stakeholders, to include academic institutions, not-for-profits and for-profits, corporates, donors, incubators/ accelerators etc.
- He/ she will function as a thought partner for all things related to partnerships across organisation India's domains, and guide a variety of tailored approaches and solutions.
- He/ she will additionally be responsible for assisting with the creation of logical and comprehensive value propositions to and with alliance partners through quality presentations, materials, proposals etc.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the (the parent entity- s) activities, positioning and existing global and in-country alliances. Utilize this knowledge in combination India's strategy to
(i) generate and manage opportunities with existing alliance partners and
(ii) develop a targeted pool of local Indian alliance partners and a strong go-to-market positioning
- Engaging with existing and new clients (academic institutions, central and state level governments, multilateral/ bilateral and donor agencies, reputed private sector organizations/ foundations, incubators/ accelerators etc.), and curating/ originating corporate level alliances/ appropriate targeted opportunities
- Maintain relationships with industry associations and potential academic and delivery partners, the collaborators and stakeholders
- Be fully involved and take responsibility for the creation of proposals, presentations, and other client-facing materials independent of and/or in collaboration with the domain teams and international/ local marketing professionals, as directed and required from time to time
- Research, identify and track relevant business opportunities and identify appropriate alliance partners to co-create, co-bid on projects with and sign long-term MoUs
- Research and analyze new or evolving players across its main domains, leveraging strong quantitative analytical skills
- Develop and build a knowledge repository of alliance partners and relevant reference materials, regularly monitoring utilization/ repurposing/ effectiveness
- Ensuring that all client-facing materials: emails, concept notes, presentations etc. are presented in a professional and concise manner
- Develop and execute plans to scope, assess, enhance and scale strategic partner alliance initiatives
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in Economics/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Political Science/ Development Studies with 6-10 years of relevant work experience.
- An MBA from a reputed national or international Business School.
- Relevant experience working at a management consulting firm or services startup is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Overall professional experience of 8-10 years or more in Client Engagement/ Business Development/ Sales/ Advisory roles, preferably in the consulting/ development consulting industry
- Comfortable with - building a business- / start-up environment - i.e. does not require formal structures and is able to demonstrate thought leadership and work with senior stakeholders
- A problem solver with demonstrated enthusiasm for crafting solutions and delivering positive outcomes for the organisation and its clients
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability with regards to growing the organization's business
- Comfortable with a flat organizational structure and ability to work seamlessly with a variety of stakeholders and build and inspire trust across senior management relationships
- Open to working in a multi-cultural environment and in small or large teams as required
- A natural leader with the ability and energy to inspire collaboration and performance
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to growing a business
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills - proven track record of delivery to business plans
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of achievement (at least 5 years) in a customer facing role with experience in solutioning or converting opportunities in social/ consulting organizational settings
- Exceptional customer relationship skills, able to quickly build and maintain relationships at the most senior levels both externally and internally
- Proven ability in creating complex proposals with high accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and understand issues, root causes and opportunities from disparate sets of information and provide clear conclusions and guidance
- Ability to lead teams, handle projects and meet strict and aggressive deadlines independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Please note that the candidate will need to submit some examples of prior work and may have to undertake a short assignment/ case study as part of the selection process.