AVP - Business Development & Recruitment at Career Experts
Views:3762 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Business Development - Rental Housing Firm (3-7 yrs)
Business Development Manager
Rental Housing Company (Co-Promoted by Warburg Pincus Private Equity Fund & Lemon Tree Hotels) About the Company :
The Company is a new venture being set up in the Rental Housing space, with a focus on Owning and/or Operating Student Housing & Co-Living Accommodation across India. The venture is promoted by Warburg Pincus and Lemon Tree Hotels, who together, have a strong history of creating value for all stakeholders, including the end consumer, in the business.
Position Overview :
1. Experience closing transactions for hostel acquisition/build-out for Universities
2. Experience in deal sourcing and feasibility analysis (location, market, financial & legal)
3. Good Network within the Education Sector
4. Good financial modeling capability, fluency in excel (cashflow projections, IRR calculation for real estate residential projects)
5. Transaction structuring experience (JVs, JDs, SPVs etc.)
6. Experience working as a part of a team - collaborative spirit
Lead and execute Property/Management Transactions for the development of Student Housing / CoLiving Units at a fast pace in the allocated Region.
1. Strategize and prepare an execution plan for identifying prospective markets and deal sourcing to create a strong development pipeline across key cities in the region. The strategy would incorporate a focus on ready properties, high return markets, product fitment, inventory scale, and geographical network to achieve the ROI desired by shareholders
2. Create a heat map, indicating the development attractiveness, of the cities/micro markets in the allocated region - in consultation with the CDO. Focus proactive effort on rapidly activating operating supply in such identified priority markets.
3. Source the real estate: specific brief of the requirement communicated to a network of hotel consultants, IPCs, local real estate brokers established during visits to the city.
4. Evaluate : Detailed Market, Financial and Development Environment analysis carried out to shortlist feasible investments amongst all deals sourced.
5. Structure transactions, where required: a. to suit the nature of development (JV with Developers / Multi-Property Agreements with Educational Institutions / Acquisition of Existing Portfolios; b.to mitigate the cost of acquisition (revenue share long term leases in high property price markets, acquisition of an undivided share of land in master-planned developments, etc.)
6. Conduct Negotiations (commercial and document) and engage with Landowners on a consistent basis through the life-cycle of the transaction.
7. Coordinate and complete, with the help of Legal and D&C Teams, legal, architectural and cost due diligence on the proposed property.
8. Preparation and presentation of Project Investment Memorandum to seek internal approvals.
9. Documentation, Execution and Closure of the various stages of Transaction.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.