Senior Recruiter at Skillventory
Views:90 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Manager/AVP - Product Controller - Investment Bank (7-10 yrs)
A leading investment bank is hiring for Mumbai location.
Business Unit Overview:
Product Control Team reports T+1 Trading P&L for all the regions across various asset classes. The primary responsibility for a product controller is to produce P&L for the trading desk, substantiate the P&L numbers, explain the P&L to both the traders and onshore regional controllers and ensure that they maintain a control environment.
Roles and Responsivities:
- To ensure that the daily P&L is accurately reported to the FO & reconciled between P&L tools & management reporting tools.
- To ensure that the relevant P&L and Balance sheet positions are correctly reported at month ends and that the applicable reconciliations have been completed and all issues identified/resolved.
- Providing daily commentary on P&L swings and variance investigation to Front office traders and senior finance managers
- To ensure that the relevant controls are adhered to.
- To coordinate for the completion and delivery of the tasks allocated to the team.
- To provide advice to the business on the P&L impact of trades and the interaction of the Front and Back Office systems, especially regarding trades and proposed new workflows.
- To ensure that applicable accounting standards are adhered to regarding P&L and Balance Sheet reporting.
- Periodic review of various internal policies and controls and implement any change required.
- Independently handle various audit requirement of regulatory audit, internal audit, statutory audit & other compliance reviews along with working towards the closure of audit findings.
- Liaising with other internal and external areas of finance to ensure timely resolution of queries and timely completion of Project assigned.
- Independently handle PC related projects
- Ensuring that sufficient backs up are created for all team deliverables.
- Keeping stakeholders and management informed about any process/team related issues
- Through understanding of the product types traded by the desk and understanding Fixed Income business.
- Good understanding of the relationship between Valuations and P&L teams within the bank and the various areas of interaction required.
- Ability to understand the booking structure for complex trades and raise relevant issues to Product Control management.
- Good Logical reasoning skills, ability to apply existing knowledge to take logical approach while solving new un-seen issues.
- Should be able to articulate, explain and defend the view point on issues and result of analysis.
- MS office - Intermediate level Good understand of the valuation of all products under their control
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written form
- Good communication skills - both oral and written form, basic VBA skills