Team Lead - IT at SkillVentory
Views:454 Applications:136 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Manager/AVP/Chief Accountant - Accounts - Oil & Gas Industry (13-15 yrs)
Chief Accountant - Manager/AVP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Qualified accountant with 13-15 years strong accounting experience
- People management skills (team of around 45)
- Understanding of IFRS standards
- Income tax knowledge
- Business minded orientated is a plus
- Demonstrable numeracy Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Can work independently
- Stakeholder Management and working in matrix environment
Key Responsibilities :
- General Accounting
- Check and analyze financial information and prepare more complex financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Review of GL reconciliations done by the Accountants
- Ensuring financial integrity of the following: General Ledger, Sales Records, Purchases Records, Inventory, Annual affixing of the required tax stamps to books.
- Balance Sheet Review file review and ownership
- Highlights any risks sitting in the balance sheet to the finance manager
- Provides guidance on general accounting according to group policy
- Review of Bank Reconciliation are performed
- Managing the account payable team and ensure payments are processed
- Provide inputs on the weekly/monthly cash flow forecast in conjunction with treasury
- Enforce internal controls. This entails ensuring adherence
- Timely closing of month end ledgers
Tax Accounting, Reporting and Working Capital
- Schedule monthly tax payments, VAT (with the monthly sales and purchases records), Income Tax withholdings, payments on account, and payment of the annual determination of the amount to be paid. Weekly tax distribution.
- Ensure monthly complete and accurate CIT positions in local single entity accounts.
- Ensure correct accounting of indirect taxes and other taxes in local accounts (including provisions).
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of direct returns (including provisional, annual, WHT) for all the entities in the EAF region.
- Ensure correct and timely filing of VAT/Sales tax returns and other local taxes returns for all the entities within the EAF region.
- Review & improvement of the EAF's relevant indirect tax control systems & processes via a monthly follow up & assessment of countries' tax receivables and explanation of movements.
- Coordinate, monitor, and execute independent audits, provide all necessary information for compliance on deadlines.
- Work closely with independent auditors during and preparing schedules for the annual audit. Revise the computation of employment termination payments.
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Report including financial statements, notes, supporting schedules, transmittal letter and statistical information.
- Ensure company act compliance per jurisdiction in conjunction with the country finance lead Ad-hoc
- Train, test and ensure the integrity of the financial system (controls and technology). Train, test and maintain the financial software system and ensure its integrity.
- Handling new transitions and any system/other initiatives
- Accountants / Accounts receivable / Accounts Payable / Controlling/Inventory & Treasury
- Internal - Regional FM, Regional tax team, Regional treasury, Country finance leads & Group Accounting
- External - Auditors and tax/legal advisers
- Looking forward to hearing from you.