Consultant at Black Turtle India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2913 Applications:132 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Manager/AVP - Business Analyst - Regulatory Compliance Transformation (7-15 yrs)
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
Regulatory Compliance Transformation (RCT) are the central project management team that deliver large scale global Transformation projects for the Regulatory Compliance (RC) organisation. Currently the team spends most of its time supporting and delivering the initiatives required as part of the 2020 RC Strategic Vision which aims to improve the RC organisation and modernise the RC organisations capabilities in line with the RC Roadmap. All RC Transformation initiatives are governed through a demand/delivery model enabling all transformation priorities to be assessed, an associated business case to be reviewed and approved with deliveries prioritised against these business cases and ensuring alignment with 2020 RC.
Primarily, the job holder will be responsible for managing and executing analysis activity across a number of areas including business process, operating model, technology, data and testing for one or more of the initiatives within RC's Transformation Programme. The team uses the Agile project management methodology. The Business Analyst will be part of a multi-skilled scrum team responsible for the writing of user stories, perform system testing, support interactions with 3rd party vendor end users, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities during project delivery as well as supporting overall Project Management & Stakeholder engagement activities.
Business Analysts often act as experts across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, contributing to backlog creation and other analysis activity. Business Analysts will also oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, testing, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. They are also ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change - product-, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).
Business Analysts will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. As an analyst they need to be able to operate at senior levels, across regions and global businesses. They work closely with the Programme & Project Managers, Project Management Office, Process Consultants and Business Consultants.
Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
- Delivers analysis that materially improves the quality of the end product and speed with which it is delivered to the customer
- Anticipates and manages stakeholder expectations, fostering open and honest communication; resolves stakeholder conflict and represents the interests of other stakeholders
- Identifies and analyses complex problems involving the wider team; generates feasible and creative solutions considering all aspects and consequences; leads brainstorming meetings to discuss and/or resolve problems
- Questions current state using data driven analysis and facilitates stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Uses understanding of the Group's strategy, strengths, weaknesses and the external marketplace, to inform business decisions and create competitive advantage
- Understands different mind-sets and analyses options to develop implementable solutions
- Exhibits high energy, understands issues within team and galvanises others to achieve goals
- Gains a clear understanding of others- point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
- Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
- Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external partners
- Often acts as an expert across multiple projects or programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their requirements gathering, design, change or implementation approach. May conduct one off business research and analysis tasks related to programme or project scope
- Maximise time spent on generating value for our partners
- % resource time allocated to - partner facing- activities by competency
- Deliver transformational programmes on time and within budget and achieve stated revenue and cost benefits
- % of programmes completed against scope and plan
- % of programmes completed within budget
- Documents user stories, contributes to backlog refinement, daily stand-ups, retrospectives and show & tell sessions.
- Challenges user stories and designs detailed, innovative business solutions to satisfy product owners.
- Ensure that all Demand led planning and benefit cases for Products are appropriate to be adopted by the Delivery Team
- Assessing current state operating model and translating strategy into target operating models, considering the impacts on customers, products/services, organisation, people, process, technology and other key factors.
- Supports more complex or global architecture projects.
- Supports the impact assessment of new change on operating model.
- Document and develop targeted benefits for a change intervention
- Utilises financial skills to develop a high level business case, considering investment and high level benefits
- Supports change implementation activities, contributing steering and guidance to the team and regular updates to stakeholders
- Supports end-to-end change journey and validates mitigation plans
- Defines, shapes and recommends creative solutions options, weighing risk/reward
- Supports re-engineering of processes, where process is one of the many parts of the change, and provides detailed guidance on process design (considering risk, end-to-end and cost)
- Consistent delivery and articulation of high quality user stories to all stakeholders
- Completeness and quality of user stories, as well as alignment to business case, product owner approves user stories
- Designs and executes effective testing
- Product functionality approved by product owner
- Effectively manage operational risks and internal controls
- Number of outstanding risks not mitigated to plan
- Ensure the change is rolled out with minimum disruption, that the change realises benefits and sticks
- Rollout progress against plan, number of failed site deployments / deployment issues, adoption rates, change audience feedback etc.
Capability and People Development
- Ensures good project understanding of the programme context, programme and workstream structure/content, stakeholder importance and how this links to business strategy
- Able to form effective global and multi-disciplinary relationships (resources from delivery partners, business partners and externals)-
- Supports a performance management based culture to improve and drive efficiencies and performance including the effective management of underperformers
- Promotes the Group's Values and strategy by creating a positive work environment and promoting teamwork to drive engagement
- Develops a network of professional relationships to improve collaborative working and encourage openness -sharing ideas, information and collateral
- Manage and develop our people effectively in order to drive higher performance, manage underperformance and achieve departmental performance differentiation
- Surveys/Engagement scores
- Build networks with key stakeholders, creating an ability to execute at pace with minimum conflict
- Feedback from key partners
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
Identifying and prioritising change and solutions in the design and delivery of the Regulatory Compliance Transformation programme to meet the expectations of the regulator, Global Compliance management and the business in a fast changing and challenging environment.
Making the best use of facilitating resources (both people and budget) in the delivery of change, working with global stakeholders and multiple delivery and business partner teams working across multiple markets and business/functions.
Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations, procedures and Group Standards that apply to disclosures in the business areas covered. Knowledge must be kept current.
Awareness of the compliance functionality and how to keep current and relevant, in the context of rapidly changing and increasing complex regulatory regime. Must demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense, and stay abreast of the industry, business-wise and technology-wise.
Will need to gather user stories and agree designs across product owners, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and sometimes needing to challenge poor requirements and design decisions.
Need to be able to shape business requirements and solution designs that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology -system, data, infrastructure, etc- )
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
Requires the job holder to liaise with a number of Regional and Local Compliance specialists worldwide covering Compliance functions and processes across a number of different Global Business lines.
The job is a major point of contact with the business. The jobholder works independently and has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with other delivery partners and Global Functions. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives where appropriate, taking a lead analyst role in larger projects, directing analyst activity.
The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He / She will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring. This will be achieved by reviewing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing global economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new processes. Effective and timely remedial action should be evidenced. Group Programmes and regional/local programmes/projects must be managed in accordance with the Group Controls Framework and with relevant FIMs. Solutions must comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements -albeit that inherent in the role is the requirement to challenge our interpretation of these requirements to ensure that we take a commercial approach to their implementation.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will adopt the Group Compliance Policy by escalating any identified compliance risk in liaison with, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term - compliance- embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
Business Analysts adhere to the Groups standard tools and methodologies :
Group Standard Business Case
Transformation tools like Clarity, Open WorkBench and JIRA
Risk functions Agile working practice.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget)
The job holder contributes analysis and design to programmes that deliver complex, global transformational change.
The job holder will be responsible for the analysis activity in at least one priority project/programme with a medium to high level of scope/complexity.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of 6 to 8 years, post qualification
- Proven delivery track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
- Strong understanding of Agile Change Delivery Principles
- Transformation tools like Clarity, Open WorkBench and JIRA
- Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)-Optional
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis-Optional
- Lean Six Sigma - Optional
- Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field - Optional
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.