Senior Recruitment Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:1080 Applications:234 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Manager/AVP - Accounting/Reporting - IFRS (5-13 yrs)
What you'll do:
- Should be a subject matter expert on preparation of Financial statements under IFRS
- Should have extensive expertise in "analysing" the Insurance business
- Should have in-depth knowledge around preparation and review of the schedules and financial statements for Insurance entity
- Should be able to comprehend and implement the controls and procedures in regard to accounting and analysis
- Should be able to provide guidance to insurance operations and product development team in regard to accounting GAAPs and procedures and their implications
- Should have good perspective of system changes and its implications
- Should be able to navigate and create relationships with various departments to manage the dependencies and relevant updation
- Should have extensive experience in Insurance Accounting and its relevant GAAPs
- Should be well versed with Financial statement closure procedures
- Should have logical thinking embedded in daily approach to work
- Should be capable of picking new projects/assignments / process: Identify, Drive, Build & operate it as BAU
- Responsible for executing the business as usual (BAU) control and financial accounting processes
- Should be good in Excel / MS Access
- Identify opportunities for process re-engineering / improvement and drive changes independently
- Drive projects / identify automation opportunities
Customers / Stakeholders :
- Should have an approach of be a Business Developer
- Ensure support is provided as per requirement to onshore counterparts
- Attend/Organize all business calls /meetings and drive issue resolution as required
- Respond to queries from senior group level management as appropriate
Leadership & Teamwork :
- Directly lead and manage the teams to ensure PLA's adhered or exceeded in line with onshore requirements
- Drive performance metrics in line with requirements.
- Manage peak loads of work and also identify and re-engineer processes to reduce month end workload.
- Ensure all team members are developed by undertaking a training needs analysis for each team member.
- Ensure personal development plans are in place covering product knowledge, technical and soft skills
Operational Effectiveness & Control :
- Ensure proactive controls in place to highlight issues before they are picked up by business.
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources and plan for peak load volumes
- Manage the Operational Risk
- Maintain cross training for all deliverables.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas:
- Ensure 100% PLA delivery.
- Ensure the basic process documentation is completed for all the activities
- Develop and groom team members for future opportunities internally and within organization
KPI's to be Error free:
What you will need to succeed in the role:
Qualification and basic requirements:
- Qualified CA / CWA with at least 10+ years of post-qualification experience in accounting
- Qualified MBA finance with at least 15+ years of post-qualification experience from reputed institutes
- Past experience of working in consultancy or organization of repute will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business partners/customers
- Ability to bring analytical rigour, structure and solution to problematic areas.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of GL Accounting and balance sheet account substantiation.
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Is expected to have strong technical understanding of accounting principles and demonstrated competence in their application.
- Ability in Accounting, Closing and/or Business Reporting
- Possess good analytical and lateral thinking skills.
- Should have demonstrated the ability of driving results
Leadership Skills :
- Possess strong strategic vision and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and ability to interact with multiple employee levels/business partners, etc.
- Good negotiation & conflict management capabilities.
- Very good team handling skills with good management styles displaying acceptability and approachability
- Proficient professional in supervisory role responsible for leading & motivating multiple teams/processes, with accountability on all Business Service Delivery parameters.
- Very good strategic planning.
- Consistency in meeting PLAs and achieving the business objectives.
- Handle new challenges and open to change.
- Balance technical skills and management skills.
- Provide strategic direction and manage Business Partner relationships
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.