Talent Partner at Randstad
Views:372 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Manager/Associate Director - Financial Due Diligence - Consulting Firm (5-15 yrs)
Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs):
Lead and manage global/domestic client engagement teams fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Developing an understanding of the business, competitive positioning, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges, etc. of the target business
- Execution of client services as an Engagement manager
- Lead the team during project execution, reviewing the report and providing value add inputs
- Interpretation, evaluation, and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, and publicly available information on the target business
- Production of quality deliverables (including Excel and PowerPoint documents) within agreed timescales, briefing Partner/Director/Senior Manager accordingly. This may involve the responsibility to produce discrete sections.
This will include:
- Review and analysis of historical data, cash flow, and balance sheets
- Review and analysis of projections, and underlying assumptions
- Evaluate the operating trends, quality of earnings, maintainability of EBITDA, working capital & cash flow considerations, etc.
- Identifying key issues related to the deal, assessing their impact on valuation/ price consideration, and advising on ways to address the issues.
- Create and manage good independent relationships with clients. Expand opportunities with existing clients, identify and act on referrals.
- Work on a variety of transactions including large cross-border transactions across different industry verticals.
- Work as a part of cross-border teams on engagements lasting from just a few days to several months.
- To assist clients ranging from large multinationals, private equity houses and VC firms to owner-managed businesses.
- Manage business and clients:
- Actively Identify new business opportunities.
- Suggest and drive business development initiatives
- Enhance relationships with key Global counterparts.
- Collaborate closely with other service lines for expanding market footprints;
- Manage and develop people:
- Lead a team of Managers and Assistant Managers ensuring the team delivers high-quality work on time.
- Review the work of team members on a regular basis.
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members and encourage technical learning.
Required Technical competence:
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Logical and methodical approach to diligence
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and other standard daily productivity tools.
- Highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with team members and client professionals.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication,
- Possess an advisory mindset and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to apply independent and objective professional judgment.
- Qualifications factors for success
- Chartered Accountant (CA), CPA (US), CFA, or ACCA (UK).
- 8+ years of post-qualification experience in Financial Due diligence, preferably with a Big 6 accounting firm.