Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:2650 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Manager/Assistant Manager - Business Audit - Bank (6-13 yrs)
- Should have worked for internal Audit department of a Bank
- Required - exposure of IB, Capital market or Wholesale
- Prior experience in internal Audit or Risk Assurance.
- Should have worked for 3rd line of defense.
- Excellent comm. Skills required
- Experience in leading audit projects
- MBA, CFA, FRM, CA (Prefered)
Responsible for delivery of quality audits within specified budget as per Audit Plan and recommendations management (issuance, follow- up and closure)
2. Drives the shared services missions for IGAD
3. Leads Annual risk assessment/planning exercise
4.Coaches and guides auditors/audit trainees on missions and otherwise
- Good understanding of the Banking/Financial operations and accounting standards and activities. Investment banking operations, Trade finance.
- Good understanding of the applicable banking regulatory and statutory norms
- Advanced understanding of Risk based audit methodology, Risk assessment and audit planning
- Prior Experience in leading audits independently from planning to closure of audit recommendations
- Excellent audit report writing skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and presentation skills
- Exposure of working on Integrated audits.
- In-depth understanding on quality initiatives within audit function
- Fluent Command over English Language (oral as well as written)
- Knowledge of Data analytics would be an added advantage.
- Contributes to execution of audits (Standalone/Global) as per Audit Plan and issue recommendations.
- Contributes to the shared services mission and other activities assigned.
- Active participation in annual risk assessment exercise.
- Guiding and coaching Audit trainees on audit assignments
1) Being a contributor to the audit life cycle from planning to testing, reporting and closure of recommendation under the guidance of the Head of Mission/Senior Auditors, he assists audit management in execution of Audit plan. The audit work performed should comply with prescribed quality and timelines. Shared services missions may involve onshore travel.
2) Maintains clear work papers and audit trail of the work done in the audit workflow tool, in accordance with the prescribed methodology.
3). Be a part of the quality initiative taken by the Audit department and deliver audit related work as per prescribed timelines and quality standards.
4) Makes appropriate recommendations to improve SG processes
5) Follow-up recommendations issued timely and escalate when needed
6) Acquire knowledge on activities and risks during assignments and via trainings
7) Stakeholder management as a part of Continuous audit monitoring
Specific Context :
1. Lead/Drive the audits of varied complexity in accordance with professional standards. Drives the mission as a project to ensure end to end delivery (when playing the role of Head of mission) - Shared services missions may involve onshore travel
2. Assists supervisors in Risk assessment exercise and preparation & delivery of audit plan
3. Maintains/reviews clear work papers and audit trail of the work done in the audit tool, in accordance with prescribed audit methodology.
4. Responsible for documentation of formal and clear audit reports in order to communicate audit results to management.
5. Responsible for timely follow up and closure of open recommendations.
6. Coach and mentor business auditors/audit trainees on individual audits
7. Participate in quality initiatives of the Audit Department
8. Makes appropriate recommendations to improve SG processes.
9. Stakeholder management as a part of Continuous audit monitoring (CAM)
(An experienced Senior auditor who has been with IGAD for stipulated time period would be given the opportunity to be the HOM/Lead the missions. A Senior auditor who consistently performs as a HOM would be eligible for the consideration of Supervisor position).