Manager/Assistant Director - Indirect Taxation - Consulting Firm (8-10 yrs)
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax compliance engagements.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of Indirect Tax experience with a solid stint in Big 4 consulting firms
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
In Indirect Tax we are looking for candidates with 10+ years of experience in US Sales and Us Tax.
- Performing a quality level technical review of state and local indirect tax returns on select engagements.
- Managing the transition of new Clients, including developing and monitoring work plans /timelines, defining data requirements, etc.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Running and implementing projects to improve operational efficiency and streamline work flow.
- Managing the inventory of indirect tax notices from state and local jurisdictions on select engagements
- Manage the preparation of client billings and account reconciliations.
- Assisting with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the team.
- Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.