Consultant at Populus Global
Views:29 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Actuary - Insurance (8-15 yrs)
Manager - Actuary - FIAI_Reputed MNC
Account Analysis, broker, client, and teamsupport
- Manage a team of actuarial analysts working in Reinsurance Pricing domain for International, NorthAmerica and Specialty teams.
- Build multi-functional actuarial teams to broaden the operations.
- Build and execute efficient and sustainable operating strategy for the Actuarial team in Mumbai.
- Conceptualize projects and processes that can be transitioned to the Mumbai team and effectively delegate responsibilities within the team.
- Stakeholder Management - working with key stakeholders and managing their expectation regarding work assigned for actuarial analysis and other multi-faceted projects.
- Prepare and update workflow dashboard for the team and identify areas of improvements through KPIs.
- Perform actuarial analysis such as exposure rating and experience rating to help build loss model for client business, estimate reinsurance pricing, and determine optimal reinsurance structures given client risk profile and underwriting strategy.
- Estimate reinsurance pricing, and determine optimal reinsurance structures given client risk profile and underwriting strategy
- Prepare summary exhibits, document the results to support the technical analysis and determine optimal reinsurance structures given client's risk profile.
- Build relationship with frontline team members to work effectively and deliver the analysis as per expectations.
- Develop and manage existing pricing tools and data management projects.
- Work on building automation tools to reduce manual dependencies.
- Provide value-added service to clients as needed.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Actuarial team - Assistant Manager (Level 58) / Manager (Level 53)
Gallagher Re Actuarial team (GSC)
Location - Mumbai, Maharashtra
Reporting to Associate Director - Gallagher Re Analytics
Market Research and Development
- Assist senior Actuaries in respective lines of business to help build Gallagher Re Analytics team as thought leader in reinsurance and primary marketplace.
- Conceptualize and execute research / exploratory projects to increase market and client base for the larger Gallagher Re team.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Graduates / Post-graduates in any subject - preferably Maths / Stats / Eco / Commerce
- Should be a student member of anyone or more of the following institutes / societies:
- Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI)
- Institute of Actuaries - UK (IOA)
- Recently qualified as a fellow of the institute/s OR Nearly qualified - 11-12 Actuarial exams completed from anyone of the above institutes.
- Good understanding of insurance and reinsurance concepts.
- Strong analytical, leadership, people management and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office is extremely essential, especially advanced Excel skills.
- Proven working knowledge of SQL, VBA, R, Python.
- 8-10 years of experience in an Actuarial setup - preferably involving property and casualty insurance related actuarial work.
- Proven ability to build and manage multi-functional actuarial teams.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.