Talent Acquition at ANRI Solutions HR Services
Views:49 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Manager - Actuarial - Insurance (9-15 yrs)
The Actuarial Manager will be part of the Actuarial BU and is responsible for using statistical techniques and mathematical skills to provide actuarial support for Modelling, Regulatory and shareholder reporting, valuation, Experience studies.
- Generate better modeling ideas and responsible for guiding the team on Axis Modeling & Validations from first principles
- Providing extensive support on reconciliation and analysis on actuarial matrices between AXIS model and existing legacy system
- Providing extensive support on Asset modeling and Experience studies
- Reviewing annual statutory and/or GAAP financial statements and schedules/exhibits
- Supporting & overseeing formulaic reserve amounts, method and analysis
- Provide pro-active analysis, insights and recommendations/commentaries supporting the calculation and change to actuarial and finance related numbers derived from modeling activities, so to help deliver accurate business numbers
- Interpreting how other projects throughout the organization may impact actuarial modeling and reporting
- Managing and developing the actuarial team across different line of business.
- Triaging issues and escalating to senior management as necessary
- Managing the execution of controls and participating in internal and external audits
- Ideating and managing process improvement projects
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research, Actuarial Sciences or any related field)
- 9+ years' experience in Actuarial field, in Life Insurance domain
- Experience in actuarial modeling and STAT valuation including Yearend (NAIC) reporting.
- Exposure to experience studies/ cash flow testing will be added advantage
- Working Knowledge of US life insurance products and regulations like AG48, AG38 8D, PBR, XXX reserves etc.
- Expertise on Actuarial Platforms/Tools like AXIS (GGY/Moody's) - preferred requirement, Moses/ARCVAL/Prophet/Alfa/Polysystems
- Experience in Managing a team of 4-6 people
- Good stakeholder management skills
- In pursuit of Actuarial papers from US/UK/India and making good progress towards certification (minimum of first seven exam pass)
- Proficient in tools like MS Excel, SQL and MS Access
- Strong written and verbal communication skills