Research Associate at Antal International
Views:239 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Manager - Accounts Payable - CA/ICWA (7-10 yrs)
KEY ACCOUNTAB ILITIES :
AOP Monitoring :
Monitoring overall expenditure to be within the approved Annual budgets for the year. This would involve monitoring the budget utilization at the time of PO release and subsequent invoice booking. Actual vs. AOP comparison
Negotiation, Tax Compliance & Procurement Activities :
- Involvement in Vendor negotiations and Purchase order release to ensure accuracy in terms of G/L selected, excise and custom duty conditions captured, indirect taxes applicable and budget availability. PO Release - Verification as per checklist PO Release - Checking of budget limit in PO cost center PO Release - Checking of Delegation of Power for approval Accuracy and Timely release of PO
Accounts Payables Management :
- Review and manage the accounting for operational payments in books of accounts as per Accounting standards and statutory guidelines. Monthly provisioning of expenditure for services already rendered. Reversal of year end provisions and TDS thereon to the extent of invoices booked .
- Ensuring the proper documentation in case of all foreign payments including custom duty payment. Accuracy in adherence with statutory requirements.
Month/Quarter End Closing Activities :
- Major GL and other account reconciliations and clearing so as to ensure correct accounting at month end / quarter end and year end. Eg. GRIR
Monitoring Fund Outflow :
- Prioritization of Vendor payments in accordance with availability of funds based on payment due dates and inward date of invoices.
Statutory and Internal Audits :
- Facilitating the quarterly audit, annual audit and special audits (like for bond issue etc.) of Admin expenses by preparing & presenting the relevant expenditure schedules for auditors.
- This would involve compiling and analysis of data (for instance movements, ageing, variance, etc.) capturing reasons for deviations which requires the in-depth knowledge. Providing the documents, vouchers, agreements as required by the auditors for their documentation during the audits.
- Resolving the queries of auditors by satisfying them about the booking of expenses and compliance of internal control procedures, DOP, ICFR & other applicable Laws
Expenditure analysis :
- Monthly analysis and monitoring of Expenditure GL's for ensuring correct/accurate posting of critical entries and treatment in books of accounts in compliance with statutory guidelines and business process & procedures.
- Analysis of expenses with references to availability budget in all Cost Centers of operations and actual booking of expenses in these cost centers. If there is the gap then do the follow up with the user department for arranging the shortfall of budgets.
- Also doing the analysis of actual expenses with reference to monthly trend , if there is any abnormal variance then enquire with the user department for theses variances.
Monthly Reconciliation with vendors :
- Review of Reconciliation of SOA of vendors
- Clarification and meeting of the reconciliation Items to User department & Vendor for closing of pending Entries.
- Closing of issues with vendors
Amex Credit Card :
- Ensuring the maximum use of the limit of credit card and tracking the utilization of Reward Points.
- Management and Reconciliation of Amex Card, MIS for Amex Card Usage as per SOP.
Special Projects/Initiatives :
Support Senior management in driving & implementation of identified business excellence programs (Strategic Initiatives, CIP/BLIP/Kaizen) in the areas of process improvements, cost reduction, audits and implementation of audit points.
Team Development :
Develop functional skills of sub-ordinates by providing them on the job training, understand and address their concerns and provide a collaborative environment for them to develop.
Educational and Technical Qualifications :
- Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant (CA/ICWA)
- Expert knowledge of Direct and Indirect Tax
- Understanding of Accounting Standards
- Basics Companies Act and other laws
- Accounting Standards Ind AS and dealing with auditors
- Knowledge of ICFR and SOP compliance
- Expert knowledge of SAP in FI, MM and Project module
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.