HR at TonkaBI India Pvt Ltd
Views:684 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Manager - Accounting - Insurance (4-9 yrs)
- Building a global insurance safety net that is simple, easy to understand, and accessible to all.
- Micro Insurance Company (MiC) is a full stack technology focused insurance company. MIC has brought together sales, distribution, product and technology to focus on new insurance opportunities coming from the new digital economy for billions of people. MiC provides insurance to internet platforms, millions of micro & small businesses globally. At MiC, we are changing the insurance business. We are constantly working to create insurance policies that do exactly what insurance is supposed to do - provide a safety net to help people recover quickly from problems large and small. Over the last 300 years, insurance has not done such a great job of this, globally few people buy, and it's seen as complicated, expensive, and untrustworthy.
- We are dedicated to changing this perception of insurance, and we are doing this through our actions. So far, we have issued over 3 million policies in 15 countries, and we are not slowing down anytime soon. We believe recovering from adversity should not be a privilege for only the wealthy and the few, which is why we are committed to distributing insurance to the world's low and middle-income people and micro businesses. To make insurance accessible, we are often required to solve complex problems. Every country we operate in requires different solutions that are unique to that region. Thus, we have created and implemented many innovative financial services which are distributed through e-commerce partners and platforms, banks, mobile networks and mobile wallets.
At MiC, we pledge to share our skills and ideas to enable other insurance companies to grow their own businesses and to reach more people. We believe together, we can reach 4 billion people.
- We are looking for a process-driven and confident Manager Accounting to manage the accounting operations of MiC insurance entities.
- Duties for the role will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing consolidated financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- Person is also required to collaborate with and guide the operations team on financial transactions performed by non-financial staff.
- For the entities that the person is responsible for, the Manager Accounting is expected to ensure that recorded data is accurate, on time and within the rules set by the Company, formulate sound financial strategies, implement proper internal controls, achieve organizational targets, and develop financial plans that support organizational strategy.
- Prepare and publish consolidated financial statements monthly, quarterly, annually and other required periods for MiC group of entities
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Directing and overseeing all aspects of accounting operations and transactions related to general ledger, invoicing, receivables, payables, payroll, etc
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting every month in line with the relevant accounting standards and within the Group deadlines
- Analyse and identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by constantly monitoring invoicing, collections and payments
- Continuously look for cost reduction and Working Capital optimization opportunities
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulation and legislation in the applicable territories and countries
- Coordinate with group auditors and get statutory audits completed within the required time
- Assist in the development of budgets, forecasts, and financial plans for the company based on data gathered from the business teams and analysis of past trends
- Implement, design and maintain controls for managing financial transactions within the entities to ensure compliance with regulations and audit requirements
- Ensure appropriate level of internal controls and procedures to comply with Group requirements, to maintain segregation of duties, to ensure proper authorization of financial activities and to comply with various regulations such as GDPR, FCPA, etc
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems and processes
- Overseeing and managing the company secretarial function ensuring the appropriate filings and reports are completed for the MiC entities the person is responsible
- Assist the CFO and Financial Controller in presenting reports to senior executives, investors and Board Members
You will also get a chance to be part of:
Market Disruption: Be part of a world-class team of talented people who are trying to disrupt the insurance industry
International Exposure: Be part of a global group that is fast expanding into multiple countries
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or related field
- Preferably with a Chartered Accountant, CPA, or equivalent qualification
- 4+ years of experience managing accounting operations
- Experience and proficiency with accounting systems, preferably enterprise ERP systems
- Past experience with organisations with global presence
- Strong technical ability in-depth knowledge of financial reporting standards under US GAAP and IFRS
- Working knowledge of tax-US, India, and cross-border
- Knowledge and exposure to best-in-class accounting processes and practices
- Process and compliance oriented
- Ability to ensure account closing process and compliance across all entities
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other team members
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues, hold self and others accountable to achieve goals and resolve problems
- Good communicator ; ability to analyse trends and communicate these to CFO and Financial Controller in a concise and meaningful manner
- Organised ; with an ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Commercially minded ; able to understand the wider business context working collaboratively across departments to add value through financial analysis and insight.
- Strong leadership skills and inter-personal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with insurance or insurance-related industry
- Having held a similar role previously
- 24 days holiday + 6 National holidays.
- Excellent compensation plan, well above the market average
- You will be working for a Company that has talented colleagues and a passionate culture
- Extensive possibility for growth and professional development