Senior HR Advisor at Recruise India Consulting
Views:185 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Manager - Accounting - BFS (6-15 yrs)
The Accounting Manager will lead the accounting operations of our India entity, including maintaining accurate financials for both US GAAP and local statutory purposes. They will assess staffing needs and hire an accountant to assist with the day-to-day accounting functions. This leader will report directly to BlackLine's Corporate Assistant Controller and will work closely with our US-based corporate tax team and US payroll team, as well as the Head of India Development Center. The Accounting Manager will be integral to the financial statement close process, including overseeing the work of the accountant, analyzing financial data, and preparing reports for upper management. The Accounting Manager will also assist in the processing of local vendor and internal payments. In addition, the Accounting Manager will ensure internal accounting policies and procedures are consistent to corporate.
- Oversee the accounting operations for our India-based subsidiary, including accounts payable, general ledger reporting, and statutory filings.
- Recruit, train and develop new team members.
- Partner with US-based leaders to establish procedures, ensure quality control, resolve exceptions, and communicate productivity metrics.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly closes for the India entity, including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analyses.
- Prepare and/or assist with schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Ensure statutory books are kept in compliance with Indian GAAP.
- Manage the statutory audit process.
- Approve vendors and ensure payments are made in accordance with the due dates.
- Manage processing of India payroll-related payments (e.g., PF payments, reimbursements, income tax, and deduction processing).
- Responsible for processing of local vendor payments (i.e., rent).
- Work together with tax provider and the corporate tax team to ensure all local tax payments and tax returns (including, but no limited to, GST, Professional Withholding Tax, CIT) are submitted to the local tax authority before due date.
- Drive process improvement and scale existing workflows to support Company growth.
- Work with direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Responds to inquiries from the accounting/finance and company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and the like.
- Years of Experience in Related Field: 6-8 years
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent 6-8 years of work experience) required.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A professional certification such as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager or in a similar role in a technology company
- Strong knowledge of Indian accounting principles, tax laws, and financial reporting standards (including Indian GAAP)
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and experience with audits and internal controls
- Experience recruiting, training, guiding, and managing an Accounting team
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable and willing to work with our corporate accounting team beyond local business hours, whenever required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Works well with people in a team environment, including members of Executive Team and other departments