Careers at Optum, a UnitedHealth Group Company
Views:2794 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Accounting (5-8 yrs)
Discipline - Finance
Industry - Accounting
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited, to the following :
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position.
- Involvement in the monthly/quarterly 'close' process.
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits.
- Review the work of others.
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to demonstrate solid planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and colleagues, both internal and external
- Ability to work in both team and self-directed work environments
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Ability to solve moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analyses
- Ability to identify viable solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor degree with concentration in Accounting.
- 5+ years of Accounting experience.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them.
Preferred experience :
- Public accounting experience
- Healthcare experience
- Accounting experience handling regulated entities
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, PeopleSoft Financials, and Microsoft Access
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.