Management Consulting - Consultant Asset Management/BSFI/Insurance Domain - BFSI - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (2-5 yrs)
Strategy- offering helps companies address the entire range of top management challenges including pursuing new growth opportunities, developing go-to-market strategies, channel strategies, and pricing strategies.
- Identify strategies for growth and value creation
- Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
- Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology trends to architect future business strategies
Required Experience and Skills
In Deloitte, FSI consists of three main vertical / sectors:
a) Banking & Capital Markets: Includes working with Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking, Capital Markets, Payments etc.
b) Insurance: Includes working with Life, Property & Casualty, Annuities & Health, Reinsurance, Insurance Brokers etc.
c) Investment Management & Real Estate: Includes working with Active & Passive Asset Management firms and its associated global entities and real-estate based firms
FSI Industry Experience
- Business Strategy consulting experience (go-to-market strategy, cost take-out, corporate and business unit growth strategy, efficiency plays, business & digital transformation, vendor assessment, operating model design etc.) in the Financial Services industry
- Hands-on experience (min 1+ year of experience) of working for / with leading financial services companies in one or more of the following domains - Asset Management, Consumer Banking, Retail Banking, Transaction Banking, Digital Lending, Payments (Merchant Payments Strategy, Payment Method Issuance - Operations and Launch Strategy), Insurance (Life & Annuities, Property & Casualty Insurance, Reinsurance, Brokers) etc.
- Awareness of industry trends, challenges and solution landscape in at least one of the FSI sectors
- Exposure to working in non-India geographies (preferably US) and / or interacting with global stakeholders
- Interest and knowledge about the current trends in the global asset management / banking / payment / insurance industry
Core Consulting Skills
- Clear and concise communication - Conduct client interviews, participate in workshops/trainings and present recommendations. Effective presentation skills, with the ability to work effectively with people across Technical, Operations and Business teams
- Good client presence - Interact and build relationships with clients and other team members
- Analytical thinking - Ability to perform detailed, quantitative analysis and research (primary and secondary). Synthesize and present insights and recommendations from data.
- Logical structuring - Structured approach to problem solving and ability to perform root cause analysis of client problems
- Deadline-oriented and quality focused - Support team in development of deliverables, manage specific work-thread, develop plans for components of engagement
- Collaboration - Be able to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels. Be able to prioritize tasks, manage change in scope, work on multiple assignments, and raise concerns/questions where appropriate
- Ownership - Take ownership, manage and co-ordinate activities and tasks assigned and drive to completion
- Network - ability to chart one's own career and build networks within the organization
- MBA or MS from a premier (Tier-1) school in India or abroad
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience (post MS / MBA)
- 1-2 years with FSI industry focus