Management Consultant - Consulting Firm (4-8 yrs)
Essential duties and responsibilities :
1. Generate increased income from existing sources.
2. Develop proposals for projects that could attract new funding.
3. Develop and execute annual fundraising plans.
4. Develop suitable marketing materials to support fundraising.
5. Organise fundraising events.
6. Recruit and manage a group of fundraising volunteers.
7. Conduct or review research on prospective donors; develop and recommend approach strategy including setting financial and/or participation goals.
8. Building and maintaining long-term fundraising relationships.
9. Contribute to long-term planning, general strategy and fundraising strategy to ensure the sustainability of the organisation.
1. University post graduation in an applicable discipline (e.g. a degree in business-related subjects or sales and marketing) with over four years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Familiarity with fundraising networks and resources, nationally and internationally.
3. Strong financial awareness to analyze income against budget and forecast income trends.
4. Ability to independently apply a broad knowledge of fund-raising practices and principles.
5. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a high standard of written and spoken English, with attention to accuracy and detail.
6. Ability to manage work load and work on own initiative under pressure to achieve deadlines.
7. Fundraising and strategic planning experience.