Talent Acquisition at SHL
Views:2276 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Management Accountant - Trading Business Unit - CA (2-5 yrs)
The role will work with the Territory Financial Controller in the control and reporting of several trading business units. The role will assist in ensuring that the costs and revenues are accurately reported as well as assisting with statutory, payroll and tax reporting.
- Assist the Financial Controller at month-end with detailed Actuals reporting and trend analysis.
- Create and post cost/revenue journals including prepayments, accruals and deferrals for revenue.
- Maintain the business unit balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Assist in monthly financial reporting for all business units
- Evaluating actual monthly performance vs latest forecast, explaining the variance and highlighting financial performance
- Create cost, sales and other revenue and financial performance reports as required.
- Liaise with local payroll bureau or internal payroll teams to prepare payroll runs and book payroll journals
- Deal with taxation matters via liaison with local professional advisors.
- Assisting in Interim and annual statutory audits, tax audits and transfer pricing audits.
- Preparation of financial statements for respective business unit
- Performing Intercompany reconciliation for all business units.
- Other duties include bank payments for tax transaction and / posting for the same
- Be a resource for frequent ad-hoc queries from various stakeholders including Group Finance, Sales, HR and the Shared Service Centre.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of analytic ability.
- Self-motivated and passionate about quality of work produced.
- Confidence to challenge others where appropriate.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong time management skills to balance regular monthly tasks with frequent ad-hoc requirements.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or semi-qualified with relevant work experience
- Experience in month end close process would be an add-on.
- Any country specific experience helpful, but not essential
- Any prior exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley controls advantageous