Malabar at Malabar Investments
Views:2007 Applications:416 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:413
Malabar Investments - Associate - Investor Relations/Business Development (2-7 yrs)
Firm: Malabar Investment Advisors
Position: Investor Relations and Business Development Associate
Firm Description: Malabar was launched in September 2008 as an India focused investment firm with a value based investment approach. Our board includes reputed value investors such as Value Partners (Hong Kong) and Oppenheimer & Close (New York). We are focused on making long term investments in small and midcap public companies in India. Over the last 12 years, Malabar has generated substantial returns for investors by executing its deep diligence strategy in the Indian context. Our investors include foreign institutional investors as well as domestic HNI families.
Principal Accountabilities: Responsible for building and maintaining the firm's global and domestic client base.
Reports Into: This professional will report to the Firm's Managing Partner responsible for investor relations and capital raising.
Key functions include:
- Creating marketing materials, internal and external communications, periodic newsletters and ad hoc reports, as required by clients
- Organizing investor meetings and tracking changes to client accounts
- Showcasing Malabar's investment capabilities to prospective investors and onboarding new investors
- Proactively managing existing investor requests including investment update calls
- Travel to existing and new client locations for meetings
- Conducting analysis and creating reports on macro-economic developments in India
- Collaborating with investment team and generating investment reports for clients
- 5+ years of finance experience, or 2+ years of experience in business development or in an investor relations department
- Other qualifications: Economics/ Accounting degree or an MBA from a top tier University
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas and analysis in a structured manner
- Strong ability to develop high-profile, influential, and collaborative relationships across teams and functions
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can multi-task effectively and deliver on tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of the finance / investment industry including equities
- Advanced experience in PowerPoint and Excel, strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Relationships with sources of capital and a successful fundraising track record is desirable but not necessary
What the role has to offer:
- A great environment for learning about operating businesses and investments in listed companies
- Opportunity to build relationships with blue chip sources of capital, both domestic and international, who rely on Malabar's expertise to generate long term returns
- A collegial workplace where your contributions will have a direct impact on the long term growth of the organisation
- Working closely with best in class financial service providers and partners
We are based out of Bandra (West), Mumbai, and our firm website is www.malabarinvest.com.