Senior Executive at MakeMyTrip
Views:7703 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
MakeMyTrip.com - Assistant Manager - Business Analyst (3-5 yrs)
About Make My Trip :
MakeMyTrip.com is India's leading Travel Company. Launched in India in 2005, MakeMyTrip was the first travel portal in the country and regarded as the pioneer of online travel. Its comprehensive offerings supported by the convenience of online transactions and value-based prices revolutionized the way Indians purchased travel services. After a successful launch, MakeMyTrip continues to lead the market with innovative products and services. The web site attracted over 7.8 million unique visitors per month in fiscal year 2015 according to comScore. MakeMyTrip also has an offline presence through 60+ stores across India. In August 2010, the Company had a successful IPO on NASDAQ, becoming the first Indian travel company to list overseas.
MakeMyTrip ranked among the ten - Best Companies to Work for in India- for four years in a row (2010-2013). MakeMyTrip Group (MMYT) acquired Luxury Tours and Travel Pt Ltd, a Singapore-based agency in 2011. This was followed by acquisition of Thailand-based Hotel Travel Group (operating website www.hoteltravel.com) and Thailand-based ITC Group, in 2012. In February 2014, MakeMyTrip completed the acquisition of www.easytobook.com, which is headquartered in Amsterdam. Additionally, our recent merger with Goibibo has helped us consolidate our position in the market. MakeMyTrip has received numerous accolades for providing bestin-class services to travelers.
Function & Location : International Hotel Supply Team based at Gurgaon.
Role Reports to : Director - Online Revenue
Designation & Level : Business Analyst & Assistant Manager
Role Overview :
The role incumbent will be a part of International Hotel Supply team in the Indirect Supply function supporting the Data Analysis Reporting. Along with the regular monthly deliverables, individual will be working closely with the business to support with ad-hoc business reports & analysis.
1. The role involves working with cross functional teams such as Technology, Product, and Revenue in a collaborative way.
2. The candidate needs to define data requirements and study the impact of mapped products and take corrective action when required.
3. Create processes and perform quality checks to ensure smooth functioning
4. Liaising with the technology and product team to understand nuances of defect free mapping.
5. Responsible for making hotels live on the website.
6. Working with revenue team to do exploratory data analysis in order to identify avenues of growth and categories that can be worked upon.
7. To actively participate in suggestions and recommendations to business to scale up or down the required supply.
8. Execution of growth strategies in international business from supply and revenue team
9. Creating analytics/ dashboards/ reports on excel based on data from multiple databases on an adhoc basis as per business requirements.
10. You will be responsible for mapping the operations and checking the quality of mapping on a daily basis.
What are we looking for in you?
Relevant Experience :
- 2-4 years industry experience in operations/analytics
- Well versed with knowledge of excel, VBA
- Familiar working with SQL queries
- Travel industry understanding preferred
- Strong acumen with Data accuracy, analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Comfortable with working in a cross-functional team.
- Strategic thinking
- High on learning- since the role requires understanding new systems and tools
What's in it for you?
Our focus has always been on delivering value to our customers and employees alike and we truly believe that - Happy Employees Make Happy Customers. If fast pace work environment and learning opportunities excite you, then come and join us.