Talent Acquisition at MakeMyTrip
Views:3848 Applications:661 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
MakeMyTrip - Product Analyst (0-2 yrs)
- We are seeking a strong candidate with analytics experience to fill a Product Analyst position within MakeMyTrip.com. The role provides an opportunity to leverage analytics and user insights to deliver value to MMT's product team through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
- It works closely within product team to gather requirements and provides data based inputs during early stages of feature specifications ensuring business & user needs are being met. It also designs and sets up A/B experiments for new features shipped and ensures new releases meet pre-decided quality & improvement benchmarks. Assignments will range from carrying out day-to-day operational matters/queries handling, regular user testing and insights sessions, adding tracking & mining data across MMT's multiple data platforms and track performance of features.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Owner of actionable intelligence within the team collected from user studies, click-stream analysis using Omniture, PDT and big data sources across web & mobile apps (Android & iOS)
2. Query writing and report creation/automation of various payments and lending methodologies available at Go-MMT group level.
3. Work on creating for consumer lending practice of MMT that helps in customers meeting their travel aspirations through credit facilities.
4. Ensuring relevant user data is gathered at all relevant touch points across Desktop, Android and iOS apps
5. Work on gathering data based insights using different analytics and big data tools like Omniture, Tune, PDT (internal tool), internal data bases etc.
6. Collaborate with technical team towards writing data gathering specifications and ensuring instrumentation in new releases for web or apps
7. Data analysis of user-behavior, feature usage and other relevant product & business metrics across multiple data sources
8. Designing executive dashboards for communicating key health metrics of the business
9. Designing A/B experiments on app and monitor post release performance.
10. Work with marketing team on improving SEO for team
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in a field linked to engineering, business analytics, statistics, economics, operations research, or related field is required from Tier-1 colleges;
- 3-4 years of relevant industry work experience in either analytics solutions, business analyst or data-insight roles
- Experience of working with web and mobile analytics tools will be a plus
- Exposure of working with technology, design and product team preferred
- Extra brownie points for experience in e-commerce or startups.
Functional /Technical Skills :
- Super strong in analytics. Should enjoy working with data, carrying out analysis and deriving actionable insights based on that data.
- Ability to write complex SQL and HIVE queries to fetch required data and derive insights out of that
- Exposure to D/B, Web-Analytics, A/B Testing or Big Data preferable
- Entrepreneurial thinking: self-motivated and self-directed with an ability to think innovatively