Head Talent Acquisition at Main Street
Views:144 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Main Street - Senior Product Manager (3-6 yrs)
Main Street is hiring a Product Manager who will shape how our product develops. Apply if you are excited about creating a platform for true entrepreneurship.
About the Role:
As an early hire on the core team, you- ll work on shaping projects, big and small, over short three week sprints. We- re a small team, but we get a lot of features shipped. You will ensure that our product is locally relevant and successful. Leveraging your deep understanding of the product landscape, you will highlight product gaps, identify growth opportunities, and drive the execution of growth initiatives for different communities.
This is an exciting time to join the team. We've found solid early traction, have strong basic foundations, and are pushing aggressively into some incredible new feature builds. We have a small team, so you can make an incredible impact on our product very quickly.
- You will be the ambassador of our customers and address their needs and solve their problems by collaborating with our engineering and business teams.
- You should be a full-stack hero - from coming up with outstanding product vision and long term product strategy that is aligned with company vision and strategy to getting your hands dirty and work with engineers and business teams to deliver new products and features.
- You will own products and business metrics; you will relentlessly deliver a world-class customer experience through data-backed decisions.
- You will envision products that help our business leaders achieve their business goals and drive growth. You will be responsible for the product from inception to launch and iteration and will drive a cross-functional team to deliver innovative solutions to the market.
- You will be the custodian for opening up new possibilities to our customers and partners through your vision, creativity, and business skills.
- 4-8 years of work experience in a product manager capacity, preferably for SaaS products.
- Prior experience in ideating and building product strategy from scratch
- Strong experience in collaborating with relevant stakeholders to drive results
- Expertise in synthesizing metrics to identify customer pain points and product gaps
You are a fit if:
- You have a strong ability to do data-driven product management (and even general) decision making.
- You have hands-on experience in data mining, clickstream analysis, and would have a good knowledge of statistical techniques.
- You are a good communicator and an excellent writer. Since we are an async and remote-first company, most of our work is written. You'll need to be able to proactively communicate in concise, clear, and simple writing.
- You are an expert project manager. You need to be able to keep a project on track and cut scope when needed. You need to be relentlessly focused on shipping and continuously iterating.
- You don't need babysitting and are a Manager of One. We love people who have started companies or have freelanced in the past. You should be able to take ownership and take things across the finish line. Especially in our remote async approach, you'll need to be intrinsically motivated and keep your projects on track.
About Main Street:
We're solving a problem that 62% of Americans have
62% of Americans last year thought about starting a business. The #1 reason they didn- t was that they didn- t know where to start. Currents options are:
1. Going independent is risky: no support or direction
2. Paying a franchise which is expensive: franchises charge $100K+ fees to get started, take 10% of topline revenue, don't provide marketing support or technology
The market we're going after is bigger than e-Commerce
We- re disrupting the $2.3T franchise industry by removing the franchise fee and offering a tech-enabled franchise like product.
We- re starting with home painting where our biggest competitor is CertaPro a $550M revenue franchise (1% market share) before quickly taking on Neighborly Brands as we expand categories (pest control, lawn care, etc.).
As we expand categories, our customer does not change
Our customer is an aspiring business owner, like Nick or Hardin who doesn't care what type of business they start, as long as it is profitable. Our customers are not actually the one painting houses or completing roofing jobs, rather they are the one that hires people to do the job. Our customer has years of experience in sales and general management, which makes them suitable for any type of business - which is why as we expand to 100 categories, our customer does not change.
Our solution is an end to end platform to help you start, grow and run a business
Main Street is a combination of well-known technology platforms that provides an Uber-like simple experience to starting a business
- Stripe Atlas: Helping you incorporate and set up legal logistics for your business
- Duolingo: Learn a new skill (in our case it is about a specific type of business)
- Shopify: The operating tools to run your business
- Womply: A marketing stack to drive your customer
Take a look MainStreet's Product walk-through here.
We're backed by top investors and built a world-class team
We're a seed-stage startup and have raised $10M+ from top investors including Greylock and Khosla. Our team previously worked at places like DoorDash, OpenDoor, Amazon, and OYO.